Anyone going to get DEFCON by Introversion?

plasma

Gawd
This looks like it could be a really fun game, and I was wondering if anyone else is planning on getting it?

http://www.everybody-dies.com/

Looks like you can pre order for $17.50

I had never heard of Introversion until defcon, but I guess they have 2 games available via steam called Uplink and Darwinia. I guess Uplink which is about hacking was a hit, and I plan to check it out too.

thats cool its only $10 @ steam. I will probably try it. I thought the pre order $17.50 price was good lol so I appreciate your post. If you play let me know

Already pre-ordered;). 10 bucks is impulse buy money, and I was impressed at how simple yet fun Darwinia was.

Same here, $10? Yeah I'll buy an entire game for that much. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

I want to blow stuff UP!! woohoo!

Oh another game I would recommend, that is a little more expensive - Lux from Sillysoft.net - its like risk, but has like dozens of boards and AI to play, and online play with 8 people too..

plasma said:
thats cool its only $10 @ steam. I will probably try it. I thought the pre order $17.50 price was good lol so I appreciate your post. If you play let me know

The 7.50 is worth it for the box art. Hopefully a poster-sized version is coming soon.

So I don't understand, what is the gameplay like? I didn't find anything on their website about it.

The gameplay is very slow, 6 of us played a game

Its fairly cool, you'd expect from a simple premis and simple rules emerges a complex set of gameplay stratergy, but I dont think its the case with this game, all the statergy comes from making alliances, theres no rules governing who can ally with who so it turns into a pick on the weakest type game.

I had high hopes for this, it's stylish and cool and simple to learn but for me its just too slow and doesn't have a very large scope for tactics.

Im sure some people are going to love it though, it certainly doesn't beat uplink for me though, that game still remains their greatest achievement to date as far as Im concerned.

Can you tell me more about Uplink and how the game play is because I'm thinking of trying it.

Yeah, I spend $10 at lunch almost every day. No problem spending that on a game, even if its not very good. Half the lunches I get aren't that great either :p

Frosteh said:
The gameplay is very slow, 6 of us played a game

Its fairly cool, you'd expect from a simple premis and simple rules emerges a complex set of gameplay stratergy, but I dont think its the case with this game, all the statergy comes from making alliances, theres no rules governing who can ally with who so it turns into a pick on the weakest type game.

I had high hopes for this, it's stylish and cool and simple to learn but for me its just too slow and doesn't have a very large scope for tactics.

Im sure some people are going to love it though, it certainly doesn't beat uplink for me though, that game still remains their greatest achievement to date as far as Im concerned.

wow, pirating a $10 game. awesome.

I am looking forward to this. Uplink was cool, Darwinia more so, these guys freakin rock. Bedroom coders FTW.

MJCfromCT said:
Did you try increasing the speed of the game to maximum?
That is my question for him as well.

Sounds like he didn't know about the different gameplay speeds. This game offers some great replay value and fun for just $10. Plus, if you are a fan of the movie WarGames you will love it.

Back