Anyone looking forward to Tiger Woods 07?

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering who else is eagerly awaiting the release of this game. I loved playing 05 on my PC and didnt much care for 06 for the 360 but this release seems to address all I didnt like with 06 on the 369, since I will buy 07 for the 360. I think the game looks bad ass and will picking up my copy, I just wish EA would price it lower like it does with the PC version of ALL its new games.

I played one of the older versions of PS2 when someone brought it over and while it was OK, it was nothing special. I had a golf game on my 286 box way back when, and I couldn't really get into it either. The PS2 version looked a lot nice, but while golf is something I am enjoy to at least a moderate degree live, it doesn't seem to be an activity that translates well into video games.

I hate golf. I cant stand it. But i cant put down 05 on xbox and got 06 for xbox when that came out. I played the crap out of both. I like 05 better though.

fireburster said:
I hate golf. I cant stand it. But i cant put down 05 on xbox and got 06 for xbox when that came out. I played the crap out of both. I like 05 better though.

Golf in general isn't that bad, it is slow paced, yes, but as long as you don't get a cart and carry your own clubs you get some decent low impact exercise walking all over, and you get to hit things with a metal pole. Good thing to do with some friends just to kill some time and get some fresh air I figure.

well seeing as how Golf is the sport that I play I am more inclined to like it than the general game playing masses. I play golf weekly so I tend to want it really bad :) :)

Blauman said:
well seeing as how Golf is the sport that I play I am more inclined to like it than the general game playing masses. I play golf weekly so I tend to want it really bad :) :)

Wish I had your bank account or the ability to get into one of the local country clubs ;).

NulloModo said:
Golf in general isn't that bad, it is slow paced, yes, but as long as you don't get a cart and carry your own clubs you get some decent low impact exercise walking all over, and you get to hit things with a metal pole. Good thing to do with some friends just to kill some time and get some fresh air I figure.
Walking and playing golf sucks. Some people might argue that it is "more authentic" as you have to deal with getting more tired as the game progresses, but I much prefer to be able to relax and just focus on enjoying the game.

dotK said:
Walking and playing golf sucks. Some people might argue that it is "more authentic" as you have to deal with getting more tired as the game progresses, but I much prefer to be able to relax and just focus on enjoying the game.

Hey, if you are in top shape, by all means, use a cart. For those of us that could use to burn a couple pounds off, doing the walking is an easy enough way to help with that. (unfortunately, I fall into that latter category, I have an extra 10 or so I would like to drop)

EDIT:

Sorry, I realize this is a bit off-topic. More reason to bring the hobby forums back so these posts can go somewhere constructive here instead of dealing with the chaos that is GenMay (hint hint).

dotK said:

yeah a little OT but alot of courses dont even alow you to walk as the pace of play is to slow and you will hold more people up than if you were to ride in a cart.

Yes, I own TW06 on my 360 and its a fun party game.. just add alcohol. :cool:

I like Tiger Woods but I wish microsoft continued with the Links series. I loved links 2004 and XSN sports. Ohh why did you stop with XSN sports.

Michael.R said:
I like Tiger Woods but I wish microsoft continued with the Links series. I loved links 2004 and XSN sports. Ohh why did you stop with XSN sports.

yeah I played Links for years before going to the TW series. In all honesty I think Links failed becuase it was too authentic and didnt have enough arcade elements in it to seperate it from real life.

Blauman said:
yeah I played Links for years before going to the TW series. In all honesty I think Links failed becuase it was too authentic and didnt have enough arcade elements in it to seperate it from real life.

Ya thats what I loved about it though. Tiger Woods I always felt was a better game for when you have friends over who arent huge golf game fans, and Links was for the hardcore golf sim player.

Blauman said:
yeah a little OT but alot of courses dont even alow you to walk as the pace of play is to slow and you will hold more people up than if you were to ride in a cart.

Sorry to keep up the OT, but the course I like doesn't even allow carts as they feel it tears up the turf.

Michael.R said:

Wow, you are bring back some older memories as I was a huge fan of the Links series.

Back