Anyone running a DELL Studio 15 with Windows 7?

Damar

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious if anyone has a Studio 15 model from DELL with Windows 7 loaded on it and how it performs (if at all).

http://www.dell.com/content/product...-studio-1555?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

My big worry is the video drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, (every notebook I've ever owned has had NVidia video chips), and couldn't find any information as to how the ATI chipset in that laptop is working with Windows 7 at the moment.

Mostly trying to future proof a bit. I know I'm going to want Windows 7 on whatever notebook I get, and the Studio 15 has the options and pricing that work well for me (plus I got to mess with one and I love the keyboard to death).

Many thanks to anyone who can provide some feedback.

If it works with Vista, it'll work with 7 since 7 has uses Vista drivers.

I still see some laptops that come with Vista that "run" it, but don't run it well at all. Just because the Studio 15 comes with Vista and it "works" tells me very little about the overall performance and stability.

My past experience with ATI drivers has not been good at all, so I'm curious how stable the current Win7 ones are on a moble ATI chipset.

The M1330 I have here is rock solid, but that has an NVidia graphics chip.

Worst case I get it here, find out its a dog and send it back, was just hoping someone here might have already tried it out.

Back