Anyone tried Lenovo L220x in games?

E.T

Gawd
Samsung 959NF is starting to show some artefacts before it warms up (~for half minute after turning on) so starting to look WUXGA TFTs seems sensible and this Lenovo is very interesting.

Room is moderately illuminated at most while doing something on PC so black level should be as good as it gets in TFTs (where the h**l are FED/SEDs lingering?) and colours should be good because I do occasionally some photo processing with RAWs (12bit RAW wins JPEG by "couple magnitudes" in hard condition shots) so that quite much excludes TNs.
That seems to be situation with this Lenovo: http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/...ion&thread.id=2&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

But gaming performance is still question mark, now I'm not some player of ultra fast FPS multiplayer games but I play some FPS games so non noticeable/insignificant lag would be good have.
Previous Acer TM803 laptop had some crappy TN (very small angles and absolutely sh*tty reproduction of bright and dark shades) and at least its input lag/response time didn't seem to trouble while playing SOF2 in multiplayer against friend who used my desktop with that Samsung CRT.

would like to know this too
One user measured input lag to vary from 15 to 47ms with average being 29ms in 18 sample (only three above 32ms) test so that's rather good for VA.

There are other delays caused by PC components and human nervous system so probably this lag doesn't matter much in most cases, except certain situations and very trained players. At least that adjusting factor of brain is very real, for example different sensitivity new mouse can feel very bad at first until brain gets adjusted. (and different size and different resolution display is sure to feel same at first)

Also he and other user have played some FPS games, like COD4, without problems so I'll probably order one in few days because here in Finland (same for Europe) higher quality displays cost damn much and especially more affordable IPS displays are MIA.

Back