APC UPS BX1300G Issue

Silent.Sin

Gawd
Been using this UPS for about 6 months now, one of our machines has always seemed to be a bit flaky after being put on this UPS. We had to move all our boxen to a new office last week and ever since we reconnected everything that cracked out machine won't stay up for more than a day or so, a lot of times it dies in < 3 minutes after booting. I've checked internal connections 3x over and made sure everything is seated properly, fans working, temps under control, etc. Still get random deaths with some major screen corruption.

Since it didn't seem to be an internal problem, I started looking elsewhere and plugged it directly into a wall outlet. Rock stable, no crashes at all like it did on the UPS. Definitely not a permanent solution since this machine is used for work and it needs battery backup.

My conclusion seems to be that the PSU doesn't play nicely with the stepped sine output coming from the UPS. Is there such thing as a sine-wave filter that I could use on this one particular plug or a certain kind of power strip? Most of my searches come back with giant industrial sized filters that wouldn't work. Haven't had any trouble with the other machines that are connected and I don't want to play musical PSUs looking for one that works with the UPS if possible. Also don't want to have to replace the UPS since that's the most expensive solution. Don't have any fancy electrical measurement tools to check how noisy the output actually is or what the wave looks like, but it seems to not work with this PSU whatever it is.

Cliffs:
1. Stepped sine wave UPS bad
2. If (sine_filter.exist) Purchase() else Buy_Expensive_Crap()

Back