Are the CAPs included in the newest Catalyst Drivers?

cyberslag5k

Limp Gawd
I downloaded 10.12 CAP #2, and now I'm going to update to 11.1, but the release notes don't mention anything about a Rift Crossfire profile, which CAP #2 says it added. Do the most current profiles make their way into the drivers, unannounced, or do you need to also pick up the CAPs? And if so, do I need to run the 10.12 CAP #2 install again after upgrading to 11.1?

The application profiles, to my knowledge, are never packaged with the driver, as they are listed as a separate download. I don't think you would need to reinstall after changing drivers, as they get installed to their own directory and are only referenced by CCC when you are running certain programs, but to remove any doubt, spend the 30 seconds it takes and reinstall them anyway.

Btw, I noticed a ~30% performance improvement in Rift on Ultra @ 5760x1080 with the new drivers/profiles.

Thanks. So let's say I reformat. Would I then download the 11.1 drivers, and then get the 10.12 CAP #2? And if I wanted a profile for a game that wasn't listed in that one, I'd also have to hunt down which CAP included that game?

They are inclusive, so getting the latest release nets you everything all at once.

If you change out drivers, ie re-format, the Crossfire profiles you currently have active are not removed to the best of my knowlege.

That said to be completely up to date, I'd install the latest Catalyst drivers and then the most recent Crossfire profiles as well.

As stated above, Crossfire profiles are separate entities, and not included in the Catalyst driver packages.

Back