Are we doing Fantasy Football again this year?

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Are you guys interested in playing some Fantasy Football again this year?

edit>> Last Year's Thread

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I've been buggin the 'Taters about it for the last few weeks now. I think the last answer I heard was yes.... guess we need to see if we can get enough people to play. :D

I'm in..... gotta defend my title :D even though I still don't know how I won lol

Beginners luck? Having Tomlinson helped quite a bit.... not to mention Barber lol

Yes we will be doing football again this year.

Same deal as last year, auto draft so anyone can participate that meets the point requirements.

I'm waiting until we get into preseason to put up a thread since we have so much going on atm. :)

Sounds good.... I just saw a thread in Genmay about it, and it reminded me.....

How many can we have participate? just 8? 16? 32?

I'm not seeing any restricitions in the admin panel in terms of players, so we should be able to accomodate a good many people.

We can always make seperate leagues as well if needed. :)

And yes totally free, we select a point requirement and that is it.

EDIT 20 people per league, but I can start a second if needed. I think 40 slots will be ok. ;)

it's free and it's fun

OSUguy98 said:
I'm in..... gotta defend my title :D even though I still don't know how I won lol

you won cause S. Alexander didn't play in our Superbowl matchup :(

and I'm in again of course.

Although with 20 teams per league.. running back picks will be very lacking... the guys with the top 6 or 7 backs in the leauge will always win out. I think 12 per league would be much better.

We'll see what happens during signups, we didn't have a huge turnout last year, so we'll play it by ear. :)

i have no idea how to play...but you all know im always game for contests and such so sign me up:)

Count me in. I've really lost some borgs lately, but I'm still here.

P.S. Y'all haven't heard of this new rookie Reggie Bush have you? He's no good! Put him at the bottom of your lists. Sigh, okay, I'll take him if nobody else wants him. LOL

How many points does rofty have? We'll just add 5K to that and make it our minimum number. :D ;)

j/k man, just foolin'.

Rich Tate said:
How many points does rofty have? We'll just add 5K to that and make it our minimum number. :D ;)

j/k man, just foolin'.
that would eliminate ALOT of peole :D

Rich Tate said:

j/k man, just foolin'.

no moose then either?

roftranspo said:
that would eliminate ALOT of peole :D

Moose can borrow 400K of my points.. I think I'll still be able to play then too :D

Moose's poor smack talk is enough to want to spank him.

I have no clue whatsoever how fantasy football works, but I'm certainly game to try.

[H]ugh_Freak said:
Moose can borrow 400K of my points.. I think I'll still be able to play then too :D

Moose's poor smack talk is enough to want to spank him.
you are going to lose.
:p

I'm in, it's nice to have a league where I don't lose money every year...

That is, if I meet the minimum for points...

ND40oz said:
That is, if I meet the minimum for points...
Yea...they are raising it pretty high to keep me out and you havent passed me yet :D

Just an observation but the people who have never played end up being the ones to watch out for - they just don't do the smart thing and it pays off. ;)

I'll be in for a odd man/fill in type person. I'm already in the GenMay one and another so I'm not that interested in having a third card to fill out but I'll definaly be the last guy if you need an odd number or something.

Party2go9820 said:
Just an observation but the people who have never played end up being the ones to watch out for - they just don't do the smart thing and it pays off. ;)

I'll be in for a odd man/fill in type person. I'm already in the GenMay one and another so I'm not that interested in having a third card to fill out but I'll definaly be the last guy if you need an odd number or something.
I was in 3 football and 2 hockey last year....it's fun.
:)

roftranspo said:
Yea...they are raising it pretty high to keep me out and you havent passed me yet :D

I think they keyword in that statement is yet. ;)

amenthes said:
I have no clue whatsoever how fantasy football works, but I'm certainly game to try.

Moose p[H] and I were the only FF vets last year, and we all got spanked. ;)

Basically we let the service draft for us, so there is a draft lottery, and it does all the work.

You then simply pick your starting lineup from week to week.

It's fun, we talk a ton of trash, and no one gets hurt. ;)

Speak for yourself, last year was my first FF too. :p

AtomicMoose said:
With amount of football you watch, you're no n00b.
;)

Ah, but you put the art of Football into a point-and-click interface and I am hosed, not to mention, I'm not a stats whore. :p

p[H]ant0m said:
Ah, but you put the art of Football into a point-and-click interface and I am hosed, not to mention, I'm not a stats whore. :p
And that makes you the perfect person for fantasy ball.

p[H]ant0m said:

There is a reason they call it "Fantasy Accounting"

Rich Tate said:
Moose p[H] and I were the only FF vets last year, and we all got spanked. ;)

I'm a 4 year FF vet and I didn't get spanked.. well at least not till the Superbowl :D

And counting this league I'll be in 4 this year..

AtomicLoser said:
you are going to lose

Only in your dreams blowhard :p

Back