Power Consumption 55W
2W
Convenience
User Controls SPLENDID Video Preset Mode Selection
Auto. Adjustment
Brightness Adjustment
Volume Adjustment
Input Selection
Regulatory Approvals UL/cUL, CB, CE, FCC, CCC, BSMI, Gost-R, C-Tick, VCCI, PSB, J-MOSS, RoHS, WEEE, WHQL
Stand Adjustments Tilt
Built in TV Tuner No
Built in Speakers 2 x 2W
HDCP Support Yes
Features 3.5mm mini jack
Mounting (VESA Standard): 100mm
SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology
SPLENDID Video Preset Modes (5 modes)
Skin-Tone Selection (3 mode)
Color Temperature Selection(5 modes)
Dimensions
Dimensions (W×H×D) 22.13" x 16.38" x 8.66"
Weight 12.79 lbs.
signature_pixel.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=896944-2-0-ARTICLE-0&Item=N82E16824236052

if it wasnt for the eggs horrible pixel policy, i would so hump this deal

Oh, I didn't realize that they had a pixel issue.
Asus doesn't necessarily have a pixel issue. What the guys are saying is that NewEgg's return/exchange policy sucks when compared to Dell for instance. All LCD's are prone to some quality control issues and dead pixels are often found on LCD's. The better ones have only none to 2 or 3, but sometimes you can have a dozen or more. In that case, it's nice to have the option and quick turnaround to exchange for one without or very few dead or stuck pixels. Dell actually is known to overnight you a replacement and let you review it before you even send your defective one back to them. That kind of service is tough to beat in the LCD market.

Still, not a bad deal for the ASUS if you do get one with no pixel or back light bleed issues.

Theres also one for under 200 or just above thats 20.5 inches if i remember correctly, For those who want a lower price tag and willing to sacrifice a few inches :cool:

Thanks for the link, i was thinking of picking up the 20 incher, guess i have to look it over again.

Yup, I ended up buying and exchanging 5 20WMGX2's before I got the monitor I was happy with.

Also, NCIX has a pretty good optional zero dead pixel policy

I have the 21.5" version. If this one is anything similar the color reproduction is ho-hum but it is big and bright and doesn't bleed back lighting.

i was looking at these a few weeks ago. anyone else have one of these asus monitors and have anything good to say about them?

You can pick up Dell's E248WFP refurbished from their outlet for $235 shipped (after the 15% ejunkie coupon). I got my monitor yesterday and it looks brand new, 0 dead pixels and no noticeable backlight bleed. Easily the nicest monitor I have ever owned and very very inexpensive.

I wouldn't buy this Asus monitor, reviews are pretty bad overall. The prices of LCD's should continue to drop, I'm going to wait for a high quality model to drop down from the sky.

I have this monitor and it works GREAT as a tv.

i have it sitting ontop my comcast box in my bed room.

i love it, couldn't be happier with it.

Only downside is, if you have 2 things hooked up to it (e.g. PS3 and Comcast box) if you turn off the Cable box and the PS3 is still on, it switches to that.

Other than that, its one of the best tvs i've purchased in a while, and i highly recommend it.

Edit: the other pain is switching from different inputs. it should have a dedicated button, but doesn't...

I got my monitor yesterday and love it!! Sure beats the crap out of the 6 year old 19" CRT i was using. Finally i have a monitor that doesnt occupy the whole computer desk. No dead pixels. Minor backlight bleed on top and bottom and fairly narrow viewing angle but nowhere near as bad as i had expected based on what people were saying. Only noticeable on black background. overall definately worth $250.

Hey, I also asked this in the Acer deal thread:

So I have a $100 off Anything from Dell Small Biz because they messed up on some order of mine in the past. The $100 expires EOM.

I notice they have this new screen: SP2309W

With the $100 it becomes even cheaper then this Acer. There is also option to get in on the 24" Analog Dell for about same price as the 23" for me this is under $200 because of my coupon (can't give it out so don't even ask).

What should I do?

I haven't found enough reviews on the new 23" from Dell to make a wise enough decision. So i'm going to try and compare to other deals out there

[H]unter;1033601066 said:
Hey, I also asked this in the Acer deal thread:

So I have a $100 off Anything from Dell Small Biz because they messed up on some order of mine in the past. The $100 expires EOM.

I notice they have this new screen: SP2309W

With the $100 it becomes even cheaper then this Acer. There is also option to get in on the 24" Analog Dell for about same price as the 23" for me this is under $200 because of my coupon (can't give it out so don't even ask).

What should I do?

I haven't found enough reviews on the new 23" from Dell to make a wise enough decision. So i'm going to try and compare to other deals out there
The Sp2309W is 2048x1152, something to keep in mind.

Monitors are one thing I won't even consider buying from Newegg. Also, has anyone else noticed that Newegg's return policy has changed from 1 year to 30 days for most items now? :( That really sucks.....

I'm not understanding what the difference between an exchange and a return are for lcds. If the thing has stuck pixels, or dead pixels and you can exchange it for a new one, what's the big deal?

Sure it's not like Dell where they just ship out a replacement next day, but it's not terrible.

I'm not understanding what the difference between an exchange and a return are for lcds. If the thing has stuck pixels, or dead pixels and you can exchange it for a new one, what's the big deal?

Sure it's not like Dell where they just ship out a replacement next day, but it's not terrible.

I don't think you can exchange an LCD with Newegg unless it has 8 dead/stuck pixels.

That's an awful lot in my book. :rolleyes:

I don't think you can exchange an LCD with Newegg unless it has 8 dead/stuck pixels.

That's an awful lot in my book. :rolleyes:
If you explicitly ask them for an exchange because of stuck pixels they will say no, but every RMA I have submitted through their site has been automatically approved even if I leave the further explanation box blank.

If you exchange it, your replacement is not guaranteed to be stuck pixel free. From my experience there's a week and a half turn-around time from dropping the package off and receiving the replacement.

If you explicitly ask them for an exchange because of stuck pixels they will say no, but every RMA I have submitted through their site has been automatically approved even if I leave the further explanation box blank.
If you exchange it, your replacement is not guaranteed to be stuck pixel free. From my experience there's a week and a half turn-around time from dropping the package off and receiving the replacement.

Fair enough. But I don't think anything is ever guaranteed stuck pixel free... could be wrong though.

[H]unter;1033601783 said:
Yeah...better resolution, no :confused:
It's less mainstream than 1920x1200. For example, the horrible port of Saints Row 2 on PC supports 1920x1200, but no 16:9 resolutions at all, so you have to use some craptastic hack just to get a working resolution in that craptastic game.

Basically, if you are going to get a monitor with a resolution like 2048x1152 and play a lot of different games, be prepared to run things like resolution hackers (thanks widescreengamingforum.com) or at least run at reduced resolutions when necessary.

Sweet deal, I've been looking for an additional 24 inch to go along with my 245BW.

Back