ASUS 802.11b/g/n PCI Express adapter for $19.99 shipped @Mwave

I received mine the other day. Installation took all of 15 seconds and is running excellent.

same. windows 7 boots faster for me since i swapped it with my old d-link pci-e 802.11n card...

Got mine the other day. One was completely DOA and the other worked, but its signal was weaker than the card it replaced. :(

...how much faster could a dual band wireless be?

5GHz wouldn't be really faster. Just better for people who have cordless phones and other such devices in their home that would conflict with their router.

Got mine the other day. One was completely DOA and the other worked, but its signal was weaker than the card it replaced. :(

What router are you using by the way?

Did you just install the wireless card and let Windows find the driver? When I did that I noticed it install kinda funky and I had weak signal as well till I ran windows update and downloaded the latest ASUS Ralink driver. After that all was well.

Last edited:
Is this worth the upgrade over an Encore ENLWI-N that chokes on torrents and has an intermittent Win7 NetBIOS issue that drops my WiFi connection, then freezes my computer and requires a hard reset?

Will somebody run a quick file transfer test to another PC and report what Windows says the transfer speed is?

I would appreciate it

5GHz wouldn't be really faster. Just better for people who have cordless phones and other such devices in their home that would conflict with their router.
Exactly. My current apartment here in the UK has some sort of Bermuda-death-hole for 2.4Ghz devices. I guess there is just so much interference that it is almost unusable. I couldn't even go to the next room (less than 10 feet away). Bluetooth is almost useless, and even my 2.4Ghz wireless mouse gets all kinds of interference. With 5Ghz wifi and DECT phones I can actually use them...

Plus the 802.11n NIC in my old laptop would only do 40Mhz bandwidth in 5Ghz mode (needed for 300mbps)

What router are you using by the way?

Did you just install the videocard and let Windows find the driver? When I did that I noticed it install kinda funky and I had weak signal as well till I ran windows update and downloaded the latest ASUS Ralink driver. After that all was well.

D-Link DIR655. Did exactly what you mentioned (updated drivers via Win Update) and the signal is still pretty weak.

My box was pretty beat up, which is probably why one of the cards was DOA. Maybe this guy is just limping along lol. Can't really complain at ~$40, hopefully MWAVE will get me replacements quick.

i wanted 2 but they keep changing it to free ship and $20 when its out of stock. i'll pass.

Have this installed on a win7 x64 machine and it seems to make my mouse stutter and my videos too. Its pretty annoying. As soon as I uninstall the drivers everything works. I also havent been able to access my computer via remote desktop. Cant figure out why.

Last edited:
Have this installed on a win7 x64 machine and it seems to make my mouse stutter and my videos too. Its pretty annoying. As soon as I uninstall the drivers everything works. I also havent been able to access my computer via remote desktop. Cant figure out why.

noticed this also. seems to do with a low signal strength here...sucks, seems like i will have to put my old card back in. it affects my games too.

just tried rolling back my driver for the card...same results.

Last edited:
yeah i put my old card back in too. Was excited to try and stream mkvs to my ps3 :( oh well.

Back