Asus A8N-32-SLI compatibility questions

m1abram

2[H]4U
Looking to buy an Asus A8N-32-SLI Deluxe.

I am also plainning on putting an X-FI and 7900GTX on it.

Will have have any compatibilty problems? I have heard some users have had problems with the NForce4 and X-FI.

Also anyone know how well the Zalman 7700 cooler fits on this board? The zalman site just mentions compatible with A8N-SLI , nothing about the A8N-32-SLI

Thanks.

i can tell you tons of people are using an x-fi with their a8n32-sli. and that includes me 8)

i cant help you with the zalman though.

x-fi xtrememusic and 7900GTX here on an A8N32. No snap crackle pops from the x-fi. No artifacts from the 7900GTX. *knock on wood*.

x-fi fatality. I had some crackling so I disconnected the front panel and it's pretty much working nicely now.

My 7900gtx on the other hand....lets just say I'm on my third one right now and I wish I could just get a refund so I can get an x1900xtx.

KJ43 said:
x-fi fatality. I had some crackling so I disconnected the front panel and it's pretty much working nicely now.

My 7900gtx on the other hand....lets just say I'm on my third one right now and I wish I could just get a refund so I can get an x1900xtx.

Take a look at the latest Asus bios: 1205 it has support for the 7900 cards, I installed the bios and have noticed smoother performance with no artifacting etc... ymmv

the new a8n32 bios supposedly fixes some pci/pci-e issues. here is what it fixes.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios version 1205
1- Enhance PCI / PCIE compatibility
2- Support 7900 Series VGA cards
3- Enhance SATA RAID compatibility

you can d/l it from ftp.asus.com

havuk88 said:
Take a look at the latest Asus bios: 1205 it has support for the 7900 cards, I installed the bios and have noticed smoother performance with no artifacting etc... ymmv

From what I've read is that it does not solve the problems with the 7900 cards. The problem is with the cards themselves.

KJ43 said:
From what I've read is that it does not solve the problems with the 7900 cards. The problem is with the cards themselves.

I cannot get my 7900GT CO cards to work with my A8N32-SLI. I just decided to go with X1900XT because the board is too good to replace.

Exactly. Everything about my board is rock solid also - this is the best motherboard I've ever worked with.

only issue ive had yet with my setup is bsod'ing when running bit-torrent, and that seems compleatly at random too....

no issues with my 7900gt's. and though i dont use a soundblaster, my m-audio revolution is working fine.

wonder if i should update the bios is 1205...

I'm using this board with an X-Fi, no problems there.

Also using a Zalman 7700, fits fine with mine.

Not using a 7900GTX, decided to go with the GT.

1103 Bios, running fine so far. I am having trouble with my monitor, it shows up as default monitor, and windows will not allow me to update the driver (says it couldnt find a better match). Also when I desktop>properties>settings>advanced the monitor clicks (as if changing resolution) same happens when I side click a WMV. It may be something to do with the DVI - VGA connector. Or is it the bios of the mobo....? The monitor is MultiSync 97f.

Well thanks for the info.

I may actually just wait a few more weeks for the AM2 boards. Course then I will be the guinnea pig ;)

There Are problems with BIOS 1205
Re: SATA & RAID

Problem 1
If you have a RAID setup on the NVidia RAID Controller and you plug any SATA drive on the Silicon Image controller ...set it to RAID OR SATA2 in the BIOS regardles, THE BIOS WILL TRY TO BOOT THE SILICON IMAGE RAID as priority.... even when the RAID DRIVES configured and setup in the NVidia raid controller is SETUP, WORKING & SELECTED in the BIOS BOOT OPTION !!! AS the FIRST BOOT !!!!

NO GOOD if you had a RAID RUNNING on the nVidia chipset which has 4x SATA connectors

The Silicon image RAID has 2x SATA but one is external !!!!

other issues may follow

viii

i have the A8N32-SLi Deluxe w/ X-Fi Platinum & 7800 GT. No problems & Runs like a Champion.

please can any one help when i update to 1205 bios i lost usb support
when i go to the bios screen it say no usb devices connected
but when i down grade to bios 1009 every thing work fine
any help

Back