ASUS Maximus VI HERO Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The ASUS Maximus VI HERO motherboard is on the test bench at Guru3D this afternoon. You can see our recent evaluation of this board here.

The Z87 Maximus VI Hero is a pretty interesting motherboard for many reasons. It is what I consider to be a high-end grade and class product, though priced in the upper range of mainstream. The Hero will fill the gap between the Formula and the Gene series, giving standard form factor users the ROG experience and quality without the price of the Formula and Extreme.

Name one short coming that makes you wish you got a different board please!

I have the board. It is exceptional for the price and looks great to boot.

Formula is great and all but the anodized aluminum waterblock on the board is a no no and an extreme is not something for the general overclocker/gamer.

Name one short coming that makes you wish you got a different board please!

For the price, I really can't think of anything I got that could have been better in any significant way. Headphone amps are all the rage on z87 gaming motherboards, I guess. I suppose if you need more sata ports other boards offer that, and on-board wifi if you can't spare the pcie slot. I didn't need any of those things, so I got the highest quality board I could find at $200 and the Hero fit the bill.

Back