ASUS P5K-E/WIFI issues real?

kenshin23

Weaksauce
I really want to get this board but keep thinking ima run into issues because of people on newegg saying they have issues with hard drives and IDE optical drives. Has this been fixed out of the box or is still a issue i want to know any issues people are having with this board people are saying its really good though on extreme over clockers forum and reviews. So maybe those people are dumnn but i duno.

DVD drive issue seems to be only with sata dvd drives which im not getting but what abouut the issue of random BSOD is all this fixed with latest bios???

I don't have this issue at all.

Although, overall, this is a piece of shit board and I wouldn't buy it again. It takes something like 5 minutes to boot when there's a new hard drive in place. The SATA cables are right beside the south bridge so you need angled cables to connect anything with a long GFX card. The NB heatsink gets really really hot, so much so that I burned my finger on it (at stock speed). I've also had a tough time going past 1600fsb, but that could just be me.

any other mobo u recommend 120-150 range then i like boards that have a black color on them i hate the blue look of gigabyte.

Lots of people here like the DFI P35 model, I'd say thats your best bet if the Gigabyte PCB isn't the colour you want.

Back