Asus P5Q pro+Antec 900 Case problem

Smallsz92

n00b
Okay so I have this problem, I just built this computer today and I've got everything put together and I don't know what's wrong. I have the power jumper on the correct one I think, and the power supply is working because the green LED on the motherboard comes on when I turn the PSU on. I don't really know what's wrong, anyone?

CASE:
Antec 900
Motherboard:
P5Q Pro
CPU:
Intel Q9450
Memory:
G Skill 2x2 4Gb
Video card:
Sapphire 4870
HD:
WD 640Gb 7200 RPM
PSU:
Corsair 750TX

Okay so I have this problem, I just built this computer today and I've got everything put together and I don't know what's wrong. I have the power jumper on the correct one I think, and the power supply is working because the green LED on the motherboard comes on when I turn the PSU on. I don't really know what's wrong, anyone?

Well first how about sharing the symtoms. Do the fans start ?? Does it attempt to boot??
Does it have video?? Is it completely dead other than the green power light?? Have you reseated the cpu?? Have you removed all cards including video leaving one stick of ram< does this change the problem?? [now attempts to boot but gives beep code due to no video] Any more info could help solve the issue

Sorry I'm new to computers, what does CMOS mean? I'll try all that stuff later Bluemax and no, the fans don't spin up. It's dead besides the green light

Sorry I'm new to computers, what does CMOS mean? I'll try all that stuff later Bluemax and no, the fans don't spin up. It's dead besides the green light

You probably don't have the power switch on the case connected to the right pins on the mobo, consult your mobo manual.

I just completed a very similar new build - Antec 900 + P5Q Pro + Corsair 750TX - and would check the following.
Do you have the 8-pin 12V power plug connected? Note that you need to remove the cap covering 4 of the pins on the motherboard and the combine the two 4-pin 12V connectors from the power supply into one 8-pin connector. See page 2-34 of the manual.
Are you using the Asus Q-Connector for front panel connections? And in the correct orientation? I found that made the pin connections much easier to make. See page 2-36 in the manual.

I just completed a very similar new build - Antec 900 + P5Q Pro + Corsair 750TX - and would check the following.
Do you have the 8-pin 12V power plug connected? Note that you need to remove the cap covering 4 of the pins on the motherboard and the combine the two 4-pin 12V connectors from the power supply into one 8-pin connector. See page 2-34 of the manual.
Are you using the Asus Q-Connector for front panel connections? And in the correct orientation? I found that made the pin connections much easier to make. See page 2-36 in the manual.

I have the P5Q Pro and only one 4-pin connector plugged in, I left the cap on the other 4. Seems to work for me. Whats the other 4pins for? My power supply only has one 4-pin for motherboard that I remember. Corsair 620hx

Back