ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo or Gigabyte EP45-UD3P?

CLock3

Gawd
I'm looking into getting a new motherboard, and I'm trying to decide between these two, the ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, and the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P.

From what I've been reading around, both are great 775 boards. Both are currently the same price after rebate as well. Which one would you all recommend? I don't need SLI/Crossfire, so that's not a factor in my decision. I do like the amount of USB ports on the UD3P, but I like that the P5Q Pro Turbo has eSATA, and I don't mind sacrificing 2 USB ports for it. The P5Q looks a little bit nicer in my opinion as well, color scheme wise. But that's really not that important if one functions better than the other.

Other than that, they both seem to be pretty similar, so I figured I would ask what you all though about each, and which one you would choose.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I would choose the ASUS because I like their products in general and I also prefer their BIOS layouts, but you really can't go wrong with either. Just go with whichever you like the most. Both are great boards and will do just fine.

i was in the exact same debate as you two days ago. my asus p5n-d died on me and i couldnt decide between the pro turbo and the ud3p. i finally decided to go with the gigabyte because i remember how stable my socket 939 gigabyte was. my ud3p came one day after i bought it off of newegg. im on it right now. its incredibly stable. im on a q6600 at 3.6ghz prime stable and i havent tried any higher yet. ill see if i can get to 3.8 on air. however my ram is only rated for 800mhz and i dont want to push too hard on air. someone said this board looks like fruitloops, but who doesnt like fruitloops? lol go with either from what people have told me. i just know for certain the gigabyte one is amazing.

I have the UD3R and was able to achieve 4ghz on the E8400 by upping the vcore to 3.1v. 3.6 was achievable at stock voltages. I haven't tried to go any higher but I have lots of room to spare. My vote is for the UD3P.

Alright, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Gigabyte. Like you guys said anyways, I don't think I'll be let down by either, so whichever one I choose I should be happy with.

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

Last edited:
Ended up going with the UD3P. Should be here the beginning of next week.

I've got a question though. When replacing the mobo, what's the proper procedure as far as drivers and such? Do you need to do a fresh install of the OS, or do you remove all drivers related to the previous board, then install the new one, and install the drivers for that one? May sound noobish, but I've never had to change a motherboard before.

Thanks again.

Back