ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe Owner's Clubhouse

DanishDevil

Limp Gawd
Come one come all ASUS P45 DDR3 owners with the P5Q3 Deluxe!

Here are some pictures of my board:

CIMG3112.jpg

CIMG3113.jpg

CIMG3114.jpg

CIMG3115.jpg

CIMG3116.jpg

CIMG3117.jpg

CIMG3118.jpg

CIMG3119.jpg

CIMG3120.jpg

CIMG3121.jpg

CIMG3122.jpg

CIMG3123.jpg

CIMG3124.jpg

CIMG3125.jpg

CIMG3126.jpg

CIMG3127.jpg

CIMG3128.jpg

I'll post OC results as they come.

yeah. expressgate is pretty sweet. it's just a version of linux running on a flashdrive that's part of the motherboard.

I love it! Whenever I wanna get on the computer but don't want to get totally creamed with 9000 IM conversations, I just use Expressgate :) Or if I just need to look something up real quick before I take off, it's quick and easy.

Defiantly a sexy P45 motherboard. I'd pick up the P5Q Deluxe myself (The DDR2 version) but I think I will hold out for nehalem.

Gigabyte has a whole bunch of nice P45 offerings (EP45-DQ6, EP45-DS5, EP45-DS4) and Abit has the IP45 Pro, but it is just something about these ASUS boards :D

Very nice board, I hope you like it and get a nice OC off it :) What CPU will you be using?

if you dont have everything perfect the board wont post at all. i have managed to get 350mhz fsb but no luck on anything further. lets just say i've had my share of problems today... having to battle ebayers, and people backing out of my forum buy's, sells, and trades. on top of that i had to track down my RMA from crucial.... it's been 2 months now!

im sure i must be doing something wrong here but idk. every time i get 400mhz to post it goes into bios recovery mode and reloads the original 0507 bios and i have to start all over.

I still find it humorous that people think the energy issues in this contemporary society will be found through PC solutions. I honestly think it should be lowest at our list, how about not consuming animal based products?

I still find it humorous that people think the energy issues in this contemporary society will be found through PC solutions. I honestly think it should be lowest at our list, how about not consuming animal based products?

May as well not eat animals either.

It's marketing man. The company I work at which sells retail software is also using this whole "green" labeling and features. It's the cool thing right now.

Dying to get this board, but holding out until I decide what GPU to get, either the GTX280 or 4870x2. Although I do not like what I am hearing about overclocking on this board. Can others please chime in with their results whe they get theirs?

In one review of this board, it was not compatible with any of the WD Raptors -- has Asus fixed this incompatibility?

MikeSp

I just picked up my P5Q Deluxe lunch time. :D

Can I hang out with you cool P5Q3 Deluxe kids?

I'm putting a new ststem together with this board and have run into a problem, the unit fails to post. When powered up no beep code hard drives initialize and no video I can see the hard drivee activity light working then the system just shuts down and then restarts on it's own. It does this 3-4 times then stays started, still with no video. I've isolated the problem I think to either a defective motherboard or a compatibility problem with my Corsair power supply. Newegg sent me a replacement motherboard which I'll bread board today and if all else fails I'll try a replacement power supply. I'll report my results.

anyone start overclocking this bad boy yet? I'm new to asus boards, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Can't get anything folding stable with a Q6600

I'm putting a new ststem together with this board and have run into a problem, the unit fails to post. When powered up no beep code hard drives initialize and no video I can see the hard drivee activity light working then the system just shuts down and then restarts on it's own. It does this 3-4 times then stays started, still with no video. I've isolated the problem I think to either a defective motherboard or a compatibility problem with my Corsair power supply. Newegg sent me a replacement motherboard which I'll bread board today and if all else fails I'll try a replacement power supply. I'll report my results.

Update:: Turned out my problem was a defective motherboard, Thanks to Newegg I recieved a replacement overnight and after hooking it up it posted right away. I've now got it running Vista 64 and will be trying my hand at overclocking it tomorrow!

Not sure about the Raptor issue. I stopped using one a while back.

I've gotten to 500FSB but not quite stable. The 0702 Beta BIOS is MUCH easier to OC. But yes, they are very difficult to OC. It's not as easy as go go go until it don't go no more, then bump the NB voltage. There are an awful lot of options and if you change the wrong one, it doesn't like overvolting either.

If anyone wants one very slightly used with all accessories (the one in the OP) for a little under retail, send me a PM. I might be parting out my system in the next week here.

Hmm maybe I will just go x48, or wait and see what Asus comes up with in Bios revisions

My Asus P5Q-Deluxe mobo will not boot after saving any changes done in bios till I reset cmos. All fans spinning but monitor blank
I am able to change the bios settings and save the changes after reseting the cmos the 1st time round. But if I am to changes any settings after tat, the mobo will not POST.
When I press Ctrl-Alt-Del in booting up b4 loading into Windows the same problem will occur.
Headache. What could be the problem? Already flashed to the latest 0704 bios.

Hmm maybe I will just go x48, or wait and see what Asus comes up with in Bios revisions

I'm pretty sure that the revision is out. I got the original 1.003 or something (I don't remember the number asus told me :rolleyes:). I RMA'ed with the Egg and hoping to get my replacement tomorrow. I was one of the first ones to get it when it came out and I guess some of the original revisions got out, they did tell me that anything your order now should be the current on though.

Any update here? I have 2 36GB Raptors and some Kingston 1600 DDR3. I may grab this board and test it out so to speak. I run RAID 0. I hope to hell this shit works.

Why don't you try calling ASUS instead of relying on chance that someone that has tried it sees this thread?

im running 2x 150gig raptors in raid 0 and have no problems. i even swapped the drives over from my maximus and the raid boot right up.

I can't get stable at a higher FSB with a lower Multiplier. I don't want to push my Vcore, and my NB voltage too high. I pushed the Vcore to 1.30 and NB voltage to 1.36. Even that was not stable. I don't know what a safe Vcore would be with this E8400, and for the NB. Apparently my screen shots were not stable. Prime 95 would error out in about 10 seconds.

Right now I'm at 3.6 with a 9 Multiplier, and auto NB voltage. VCore at 1.25 this seems stable. I would like to get close to 4GHz but not sure what to do. Am I missing a setting?
HALP!! haha
I have 904 Bios

hahah... i just read your post on XS. you may try a higher pll voltage. 1.62 - 1.64v is about right for 4ghz

Back