ASUS P6T or other and PATRIOT missing ram @ boot ?

Manon66

Weaksauce
triple channel kit often show only 4gb instead of 6gb.

I could said the problem happen especially when I do a reset or go in the bios and exit, then it will reboot and the MB will detect only 4gb instead of 6gb. If you go in the bios or boot to Vista x64, it will show only 4gb.

I tested the memory and no errror.

Is it because of the ram ? BIOS bug ?

thanks for any input.

Installing Vista with all the ram installed was impossible since I allways had BSOD with memory management error. I had to install with one DIMM installed only (2gb).

UPDATE: the problem was the Patriot memory, switch to Corsair Dominator and no more problem.

I would guess a bios bug. I think I remember someone else having that problem, but with the updated bios, it found all the memory.

There's a thread going at the ASUS support forum where several of us are having this issue. Seems to be occurring with different brands of memory ... some have fixed the issue by replacing RAM, reseating CPU, etc.

I also have the problem ... system worked fine for several days, then I noticed I was seeing only 4GB out of 6GB (G.Skill 9-9-9-24, 1600 MHz, 1.5-1.6V). Running Vista 64-bit with the i7 920 on the P6T Deluxe.

I've tried various BIOS versions - 703, 804, 905...

Back