Asus P6T-SE thoughts

Meaker

Official representative of powernotebooks.com!
Well I have it installed. Seems to be running fine, set the BCLK to 200 and my CPU/VTT volts to 1.325 and the system has not complained. Ram is at 800mhz (1600DDR) 8-8-8-20 at 1.5v (up from 666mhz 9-9-9-20).

Has all the options of the P6T in the bios even though the website suggests it does not.

All around nice value since it cost me 15% less than its brother.

in another thread someone said it didn't support driveExpert SLI, it only supports crossfire http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=t4yhK6y9W9o7iQ9E

Also doesn't have a floppy connector, the reset button, the extra (orange) Sata connectors.

seems like an odd board but it is almost 50 dollars cheaper than the regular P6T. From the newegg pics, Asus just slapped a sticker on the branded P6T thats on the board itself.

Last edited:
not sure what driveExpert is, but i can live without 3 way SLI, seeing as I have a 4870X2.

not sure what driveExpert is, but i can live without 3 way SLI, seeing as I have a 4870X2.

I don't know what it is either and I have it :)

From asus site

"Plug and Safe!
Without BIOS setups, the ASUS exclusive Drive Xpert is ideal for anyone who needs to secure data on their hard drives or enhance hard drive performances without the hassles of complicated configurations. With Drive Xpert’s user-friendly graphical user interface, users can easily arrange hard drive backups or enhance their hard drive transfer rates—making sure that data is looked after every moment, every day."

Darn it. I was considering the combo deal and was sure of it. Now that I hear this I'm not sure I want the 249.99 P6T but instead the P6T-SE. Then again the P6T is 249 with free shipping and with the memory combo deal you get a 22USD discount.

So that is 227.99 with the discount.
The P6T-SE is 209.99 + 8USD shipping that amounts to ~218.

Hmmm....You also an 8GB flash drive. Assuming I can sell it for lets say...20 USD? that brings the board down to 207.99..

Hmm... Guess I'll stick with the P6T/Mem Combo then.

Back