Asus P6T, Windows 7 64bit. CANT record 'What You Hear" audio! Help!

I'm at my wit's end with this. I've spent the past hour googling for a friggin answer.

I have an Asus P6T mobo, with updated Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers installed...Windows 7 64-bit.

For the life of me, I cannot get SoundForge, Audacity, Windows Audio Recorder, etc. to record the friggin "what you hear" / Stereo Mix so i can record a sound clip from a video for my wife. I can do it fine on her computer (vista, with soundcard, etc.)

I have stereo mixer available in my sound control panel ( and its the default device) but i get no audio feedback and no signs of recordable audio at all.

Is this a W7 issue, is this just a limitation of the onboard audio? Why the hell cant I get this to work!!!

thanks!

This has been an issue since Vista.......although there has been some sporadic rigs here and there that it works on. It's the way the audio is processed now ( pretty much to be a version of DRM as far as I'm concerned). The easiest workaround that I know of is to connect a cable from the line out jack - back into the mic in........and record from there.

Back