ASUS Transformer Book Tablet (T100) $349

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
Amazon has ASUS Transformer Book Tablet (T100TA-C1-GR) on sale for $349.

Linky.

Quad Core 1.86GHz Baytrail TZ3740, 2GB DDR3, 64GB SSD, 10.1" 1366x768, 2-Cell, Windows 8.1.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Great deal, got mine about a month ago and love it. It's not perfect, but for $349 it absolutely destroys all the toy OS tablets out there in the $200-$400 range. The Dell Venue Pro 8 is a great option too, but for those that want a larger tablet and included keyboard dock this is the one to get.

Hmm...thinking about it. Only other Win8.1 tablet I was looking at is the Dell Venue 11 pro. This looks a little smaller, but likely a lot cheaper.

Hmm...thinking about it. Only other Win8.1 tablet I was looking at is the Dell Venue 11 pro. This looks a little smaller, but likely a lot cheaper.

Yeah, it is much less. I grabbed a venue 8 pro but the book t100 is very nice I have heard as well. I think the 11pro is slated for 549 and has a higher screen res which is detrimental on such a small screen for windows :(.

I also bought the T100 and can confirm that for the money it is great ! Purchased 32gb version, so the storage is not that great, but all the rest is awesome. Battery life is fantastic and the performance is quite good for the money. I can play Civ 5 on low-med settings without much of a problem. Reason 6.5 (music software) runs quite well also.

Highly recommended.

I pick it up about two weeks ago. Great tablet with keyboard. Very faster even for an intel atom performance. i also pick up the 32 gb version and just add a 32 sd card.

I think staples have a coupon that you can combine to get it for $280 shipped.

The Venue 11 pro is definitely nicer overall, but also much pricier. You add $200 to just the tablet and once you add the keyboard dock and active stylus and that gets you close to $700 ($130+30). I think the Venue 11 pro is really more of an option for someone that wants to get closer to Surface 2 Pro but doesn't want to pay the full Surface tax.

Is 2GB enough RAM?

2GB is enough for most of what you would do on this tablet, it is not going to be great for super heavy duty applications, games, compute but for daily office use, email, web browsing and even light gaming it is perfect. I even watch full 1080p premium content via WMC from my Silicon Dust HD HomeRun without any problems over Wi-Fi. It is a little bit slow in terms of context switching or going fullscreen/window but I think this is a combination of the storage speed (kinda slow) and the integrated intel GPU. Once you get it going though, it's great, and is a smoother experience than my Intel Core 2 Duo based laptop.

Ordered 2 at the sale price, Everything is great about it, except Windows 8.1. So many random software glitches. But oh well, I'm happy.

Back