Athlon 64 Questions

racercarl

Limp Gawd
I have three amd athlon 64 boxen going, two are ahtlon 64 3000+ and one is a Turion 64 2000 in my new laptop, can I run two instances of folding on these boxen, all have 1 gig of ram, and the laptop is plugged in 99% of the time so it won't run out of power.

and heat is not an issue with me, :D

You could...hypothetically...but you won't get any more work or points done, you'd probably get fewer points and less work done.

each WU would take twice as long to complete. Your PPD production for each processor would be the same with one or two instances running. Stanford would like to have each WU done as quickly as possible so they would like only one instance running.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything.... but single core = single instance unless it is an intel with Hyperthreading, and as BRO said, they want work back as fast as possible.

so the HT that AMD is talking about is not hyperthreading?

I was wondering if I was letting these things goof off at 50 % or something, and their Web site has alot of sales hype but no real answers about it.

The HT on AMD chips is for hyper-transport. This will explain what their HT is. ;)

Back