ATI to come out with their new video cars soon

Ionium

Limp Gawd
AMD has named its upcoming ATI Radeon DirectX 10 product lineup. The new DirectX 10 product family will be the ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series.

On top of the chain is the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT with an impressive 320 stream processors (over twice as many as NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800 GTX) and 512-bit memory interface with eight channels.

On the mid-range is the ATI Radeon HD 2600 with Pro and XT models, while the ATI Radeon HD 2400 with its Pro and XT models will target low end systems.

The whole HD 2xxx series will support Crossfire natively, eliminating the need for the external Crossfire Dongle. The series also supports128-bit HDR rendering and 24x anti-aliasingas well as physics processing.

The whole ATI Radeon HD 2xxx family is expected to be launched within a few weeks.

So does this mean the prices of the Nvidia 8800's will drop?

i hope they offer leather upholstery. i'd be all over an ATI R600 Turbo V6 edition with leather.

Probably close to 800! Nvidia's only have 575. We'll have to compare weight and aerodynamics to see who does the faster quarter mile.

"ATI cars! You can choose any color you like, just as long as it's red."

Video cars? Goddamn that sounds promising! finally something fresh instead of an overclocked overclocked edition of an overclocked dead horse. Now I'm really getting excited.

I went to my Local ATi Dealership lookin for a testdrive of their new video car.

They politely asked me to leave. Meh, I am going to buy the inline 8600 from nvidia. It's quite the pocket rocket.

He's not going to live this one down >.<

I can already feel him signing up for another forum account already, lol you guys are meanies :p

At least we know for sure that they will be water cooled, ATI/nVidia would have to be insane going only with air on them... :D

I guess it's only a matter of time now till somebody takes out AC, interior and puts a bigger turbo. Then run endless 1/4 mile benchmarks while playing various console games (not recommended if you value your life). :D

He's not going to live this one down >.<

I can already feel him signing up for another forum account already, lol you guys are meanies :p

im sure he can take a joke. im sure hes laughing about it right now. considering this whole thread had nothing to do with the video card tbh lol.

I will only buy this video car if it looks like the one in Tron, complete with video driving suit and helmet.

So it doesn't look like they are gonna have an xtx version?

Im not intimidated at all by the 2900xt card. Some previous threads with benchmarks with QX6700 and 2900xt show about 12k in 3dmark06. Yeah that is stock clocks, but you need a power supply with an 8pin pciexpress connector if you want to overclock or which I've heard. I already get like 12100 in 3dmark06 on a single 8800gtx. Its overclocked but they offer superclocked versions at that same speed so I'd say its safe to compare. I think that having a lower price for the 2900xt, rumored $399, it would be a clear upgrade path for many consumers waiting to upgrade, but I think if you already have an overclocked 8800gtx, then there really would be no reason to switch over unless you were sick of nvidia etc. Also, nvidia just released the 158.18 driver which is showing some significant performance improvments in xp and vista. Im sticking with my 8800gtx for a while. Maybe SLI later when nvidia gets the SLI drivers worked out for Vista. The only thing I think is kinda sad on AMD/ATI's part is the 2900xt has like twice the memory bandwidth and 512bit memory interface, yet it only show a very small increase in performance in my opinion and they showed up way later than the 8800gtx.

So it doesn't look like they are gonna have an xtx version?

Im not intimidated at all by the 2900xt card. Some previous threads with benchmarks with QX6700 and 2900xt show about 12k in 3dmark06. Yeah that is stock clocks, but you need a power supply with an 8pin pciexpress connector if you want to overclock or which I've heard. I already get like 12100 in 3dmark06 on a single 8800gtx. Its overclocked but they offer superclocked versions at that same speed so I'd say its safe to compare. I think that having a lower price for the 2900xt, rumored $399, it would be a clear upgrade path for many consumers waiting to upgrade, but I think if you already have an overclocked 8800gtx, then there really would be no reason to switch over unless you were sick of nvidia etc. Also, nvidia just released the 158.18 driver which is showing some significant performance improvments in xp and vista. Im sticking with my 8800gtx for a while. Maybe SLI later when nvidia gets the SLI drivers worked out for Vista. The only thing I think is kinda sad on AMD/ATI's part is the 2900xt has like twice the memory bandwidth and 512bit memory interface, yet it only show a very small increase in performance in my opinion and they showed up way later than the 8800gtx.
kinda OT here... maybe you should start a new thread?>

If your garage is big enough you can even get two of them. Driving them both at the same time is another story however .... :D

If anyone buys one of the new ATI cars they had better be careful what neighborhood they drive it around in because the noise from the leafblower on the R600 is likely to cause a few police reports.

If anyone buys one of the new ATI cars they had better be careful what neighborhood they drive it around in because the noise from the leafblower on the R600 is likely to cause a few police reports.

Depends on what driver is being used. The older the driver, the less we have to worry about. :p

How many programmable fuel pipelines will the midrange have? And will they be available with A/C? I hope these new cars are not as disappointing as the first X1600's.

Back