ATI to come out with their new video cars soon

They originally said their high end card was ready to go, but they were going to delay its launch to coincide with the lower end cards. Now they're not releasing the high end card (that's been ready to go :rolleyes: ) ?

I understand companies run into difficulties, but hate all the BS.

They originally said their high end card was ready to go, but they were going to delay its launch to coincide with the lower end cards. Now they're not releasing the high end card (that's been ready to go :rolleyes: ) ?

I understand companies run into difficulties, but hate all the BS.

Hey what's with the OT? go somewhere else for that, LOL

Well, ATI delayed their video card (R600) soo much simply because their video car wasn't ready to transport it yet... :)

I just thought about it, think it's time to do a window mod on my garage to show off my goods, just don't have any ideas how I would take my garage to any LAN's yet... :confused:

I heard the new ATI video car will be the next featured car in the Bond series as they ditch Aston Martin.

Daniel Craig had this to say:

I am really excited to dash through amazing tropical locations in this new ATI 2900XT roadster. So far the car handles like a dream and she is loaded with all sorts of Q specials including a 512MB RAM, and she can push over 700mhz on the open roads.

Meh, I am going to buy the inline 8600 from nvidia. It's quite the pocket rocket.

That Inline 8600 has the fuel efficiency of an 8500 with the horsepower of an 8800.

And is there enough clearance on the x2900 for me to put a set of 20's?

I heard the new ATI video car will be the next featured car in the Bond series as they ditch Aston Martin.

Good choice. The new ATI video cars handle "Crossfire" so much better than the previous generation. Rumour has it that it can even work under Quad Crossfire . :D

I guess the people who buy these Video Cars will have to supply their own drivers:D

Ba dum dum psh!

And is there enough clearance on the x2900 for me to put a set of 20's?

That's a good question... One thing for sure, with x2900 I might not be able to fit it into my garage since that thing has a hood like those '70's Cadillacs... Maybe by mid June those Japanese engineers get brought in from Toyota to downsize that "ATI Big Block" a bit to make car eat less fuel and be a bit lighter. :D

ATi needs to get their act together. If they continue this cycle of shit then nvidia won't be pressured into competition like amd pressured intel into competition. If ATi can produce an energy efficient card that doesn't put out so much damn heat and is an acceptable size, maybe nvidia will follow suit?

Post in the proper subforum! :double_rolleyes:

Actually this is in the right forum, it's just he had a very silly thread name (not just the cars, but the fact he didn't mention what the question was at all.)

The origonal question was:
So does this mean the prices of the Nvidia 8800's will drop?

Which is something I have also been wondering. My thoughts are that a drop is likely because so far Nvidia has been able to charge what they like, so will have probably been charging a little more than they would if they had any competition. However, AMD are not very happy financially, and definitely do not want a price war.

So my guess is there will be a small drop, but not much.

However, I really don't know much about this (I only really follow hardware news when in the market for a new PC) so other opinions would be of great value. So what does everyone else think, big price drop on the way? (I kinda hope not so I can buy my new system as soon as the intel drops take effect :))

Back