Atma scripts crashing Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy002

[H]ard|Gawd
When I mouse over the atma links and occasionally even when I don't firefox freezes and gives me this error:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://scripts.atmalinks.com/atma_linker.js?p=194:24

I'm using 3.6.8 at the moment. This something on my end or something on atma's end?

Using the same build with no issues.

Have you tried disabling addons and clearing cache/cookies etc?

Try running it without any ad-ons and see if it's still happening. If it is clear your cache/cookies and flush your DNS. If it's still happening after that I would run a malware scan.

It happens with Firefox 3.6.8 and Chrome. My system is XP Professional 32bit with Kaspersky AV. I think it has something to do with the advertising links.

My solution is to use Chrome since it can disconnect the page with more finesse than Firefox. With Chrome the other tabs are still open. With Firefox all tabs have to close.

It happens with Firefox 3.6.8 and Chrome. My system is XP Professional 32bit with Kaspersky AV. I think it has something to do with the advertising links.

My solution is to use Chrome since it can disconnect the page with more finesse than Firefox. With Chrome the other tabs are still open. With Firefox all tabs have to close.

I use kaspersky internet security. Could be the heuristic analyzer thinking it's some shady redirect.

In regards to the occasional lameness of kaspersky, I used to not be able to view any webpage with the word habanero (it's a spicy pepper).

Will test with/without kaspersky running and report back.

I use kaspersky internet security. Could be the heuristic analyzer thinking it's some shady redirect.

In regards to the occasional lameness of kaspersky, I used to not be able to view any webpage with the word habanero (it's a spicy pepper).

Will test with/without kaspersky running and report back.

I highly recommend changing your AV even if it isn't causing your problems. Kaspersky is the bane of my existence at my work. Honestly there isn't a worse av (norton and mcafee my be bloated but at least they don't break crap), I have it randomly block network printing, corrupt programs/windows, block scanning and anything else that can happen. I have literally spent over 20 hours reinstalling windows on pc's that kaspersky has messed up in the last 5 months, that just isn't acceptable to me.

We will look into the Atma/KIS but do not expect miracles in quick order. Coding around shitty AV is not at the top of our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back