ATT Security Deposit?

zacdl

[H]ard|Gawd
What the heck is it for? I'm looking at getting a phone off Newegg since they do the whole $250 equipment discount, and am reading about a security deposit?

#1- what is it for?
#2- how much is it?

#1- what is it for?
So you don't run up a huge cell phone bill and not pay.

Or at least that's what they tell you because they don't want you to know it's possible for them to cap your service if you want to. They would rather have a phone bill go as high as possible, even with fraud and make you fight to get wrong charges taken off.

Where are you seeing the info at? Security deposits are usually required if you're young or have no / poor credit.

It did say something about credit checks.
I guess since it is through the Internet (and Newegg) that they all have to go through security checks... But what does the deposit have to do with anything, and when do I get it back?

i've known people with bad credit try to get a ATT phone and they want a $1,000 security deposite :confused: who the hell would pay that.

I dunno, I called ATT and the only thing they could tell me was go into a local store to check it out (hopefully I can get a pre-authorization code).

$1,000 is ridiculous. Heck, anything is ridiculous. I understand why they have it, but dang... if another carrier doesn't have the same thing (Sprint??), then the heck with ATT.

Back