Attaching Plexy to Metal ( what glue? )

DR_K13

2[H]4U
I am doing a mod, and making a window. Question is , I can screw it in to the side panel no
problem , but I dont like how it looks. The Weatherstrip method is worse ( IMO ).

I want to attach the window from the inside of the panel with some type of glue.

What can I use???

Thanks. :eek:

I guess you can use any type of epoxy glue you can find at any hardware store.

xBuddhax said:
I guess you can use any type of epoxy glue you can find at any hardware store.

I mixed up some epoxy for an older mod I did . It was hard to work with, it sets up too damn fast/

You can buy epoxy with different drying times, all the way from <5 minutes up to 30 minutes or more. It is the best bet for gluing plastic to metal, though, since you're gluing two fairly non-porous materials to each other.

You might even check out your local car parts store, or hardware store (even Walmart probably carries it), and get some JB Weld. Good stuff, and hard as steel when you're done with it (hard enough it can be machined).

Good luck! :D

For my window works, I use silicon sealant to glue the plexi from the inside of the case. Works like a charm. I've always assumed this is what most people use.

will JB Weld melt plexi?

No idea. But with anything like this, you're always smart to test the bonding agent (epoxy, etc) on a questionable material in an area that won't be visible. That way, if it does start messing it up, you can still hide it later. ;)

My vote is for Goop brand adhesive/sealent, esp. their marine formulation. Just did exactly what you are talking about with a piece of plexi and my lian-li front pannel. Very easy stuff to work with, no worry about rushing before it dries, and it's tough stuff indeed.

I've used duck tape in a bind and a glue gun for every other time.

Silicon adhesive/ shoe goo.

Strong, very flexible bond. One good thing is it is very strong, but not so strong that if the window gets hit hard, the bond will break before the window breaks. Id rather reglue a section than haveto pull off, cut and reglue a whole new piece of plexi.

Back