ATTN: Logikality

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
FYI: I am aiming for #1 producer again, so I am giving you fair warning :cool:

production_day.png

<3

I thought about doing a cheer for you... but what the hell rhymes with FLECOM?

i think he added ~30 P4 boxen or so.

nice job... hope you can keep it up. try to flatline logikality!

KodiakStar said:
Ya'll have too much damn time on your hands.

This coming from you is the most back a$$ statement I've ever heard.

he's too unhappy to do magic. i probably mindtricked myself after getting < 6 hours of sleep/night for the past few weeks... and < 5 the past two days. closer to 4, actually.

anyway, got any more coming online flecom?

PoisonedPawn45 said:

actually i have an art-z 12x12 from wacom, love it :p

and lol @ KodiakStar and BakedON

as far as borges go... I have a few labs...

1 lab of 22 HP 2.8ghz P4's
1 lab of 25 HP 2.8ghz P4's
1 lab of 35 HP 2.8ghz P4's
1 lab of 35 Dell 2.4ghz P4's
1 lab of 20 Dell 2.4ghz P4's

plus a few other borges and of course my datacenter in the garage thats sucking up like $200 in power :( but it puts out an impressive amount of WU's :)

BakedON said:
I have more F@H points than you. :p

And in the spirit of picking on Kodiak... BakedON your post count is going up faster too! ;)

Ontopic, that's quite impressive FLECOM. Are these long term borgs, or do they run the risk of getting wiped out?

well borges always have a risk of getting wiped for whatever reason, i can always go back and do it again... basically i have access at will to the computers...

i did loose 35 P4 dell's becuase F@H and the sun JDK were not playing well together, but besides that, havent had any issues

FLECOM said:

plus a few other borges and of course my datacenter in the garage thats sucking up like $200 in power :( but it puts out an impressive amount of WU's

:eek: Why is my keyboard sticky? :eek:

How old are you Flecom? Where do you work that you get this power?

Where can I fill out an application? :p

20... there are ways of finding out, but i would rather not share... and i would appreciate it if those who know dont share, as i do like my job and my borges :p

my net admins know, but its more of a "unspoken of" thing...

and i had the right friends in the right places :)

FLECOM, please tell me you'll be using vasoline since you're about to be my daddy. :D

I don't think he is really that big :D

j/k...or am I?

edit: just realised I was dissing a mod.:eek:

FLECOM said:

plus a few other borges and of course my datacenter in the garage thats sucking up like $200 in power :( but it puts out an impressive amount of WU's :)

NICE!

You have me beat I have borged

1 lab of 28 HP 2.6ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 30 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 16 HP 2.8ghz P4

Also these aren't on 24/7 more like 20/6

Plus a few workstations at work and the 4 at home.

Logikality said:

1 lab of 28 HP 2.6ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 30 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 16 HP 2.8ghz P4

Such a slouch get out there and do some real borging :p

Actually though your stats have been down.....load up on 600pointers or did you loose a lab?

I changed the 28 2.6es to -adv and big packets, but 50% of the machines are not on right now. The admin that setup the labs back in 96 put power switches to every 3 desks. The current admin wants to keep the policy the same so no one gets confused. When he leaves and I am admin things will change...

edit sorry forgot to tell you what the policy was. The help desk personel turn the machies on every morning and off every night.

Logikality said:
I changed the 28 2.6es to -adv and big packets, but 50% of the machines are not on right now. The admin that setup the labs back in 96 put power switches to every 3 desks. The current admin wants to keep the policy the same so no one gets confused. When he leaves and I am admin things will change...

edit sorry forgot to tell you what the policy was. The help desk personel turn the machies on every morning and off every night.
why, to conserve power?

Logikality said:

1 lab of 28 HP 2.6ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 24 HP 2.4ghz P4
1 lab of 30 HP 2.8ghz P4
1 lab of 16 HP 2.8ghz P4

And here you have the reason I'm pulling onto the shoulder when THIS bus tries to pass... :D

Strikemaster said:
And here you have the reason I'm pulling onto the shoulder when THIS bus tries to pass... :D
lol yeah...man it'd be great to be able to say "you got me! i only borged like 50 boxes!"

I can't stand HP, they have no overclocking option. On to the other thing on my mind, I may be the admin here sooner than I thought.

Rigth now the 48 2.4ghz are only running about 11 hours a day. So they are keeping me down. And I just lost the 16 2.8ghz at least until summer.

thankfully WUS, anti-virus, and system wide backups make it so that all the machines are on 24/7... :)

only thing was in one lab the added stress of F@H on the CPU's started making breakers trip since the room was not designed for computers... so they are spending like $50k on retrofitting the room with power and ethernet... hehe

we are also getting like three new labs, one of which has like 50 computers(!!!)

:D More boxen in the future for FLECOM!!

Keep on Folding!!

Bah. only 50 more? thats not worth your time :rolleyes:

- Fold [H]ard - - Or go [H]ome -

Sounds like you've got one heck of an infrastructure there FLECOM. Especially since they are willing to invest in getting a room retrofitted to accomodate the extra need. Good show!

Back