ATTN: Logikality

well i dont tell them its for F H the breakers trip and i go *shrug* told you that room wouldent take 30 computers rolleyes

I figured as much. It's just nice to know that there are some places out there that are willing to maintain a working setup. My job for instance, we are stuck within the constraints of what we have. Something blows or a breaker pops, you move it to a different circuit and hope that it doesn't happen again. Yay for gov't bureaucracy... :rolleyes:

p[H]ant0m said:
I figured as much. It's just nice to know that there are some places out there that are willing to maintain a working setup. My job for instance, we are stuck within the constraints of what we have. Something blows or a breaker pops, you move it to a different circuit and hope that it doesn't happen again. Yay for gov't bureaucracy... :rolleyes:

Many of us recently upgraded from PIII 700's to P4 2.8 Ghz Preshotts. On my part of the floor, we got probably a couple of hundred of these things. Ever since, breakers were being tripped daily. I got lucky and the circuit I'm on wasn't overloaded. Yesterday they had an electrician in here running new lines and doing some other stuff. Hopefully this will take care of the problem in my area. At least the flooring was designed in a way so they only had to pull up some carpet pieces and metal floor pieces so it was easy to run new lines. Other than that, the building sucks and should be torn down and rebuilt. It has to be one of the worst designed buildings I've ever been in and inefficient as hell.

Oh yeah, yay for state govt.

SmokeRngs said:
Many of us recently upgraded from PIII 700's to P4 2.8 Ghz Preshotts. On my part of the floor, we got probably a couple of hundred of these things. Ever since, breakers were being tripped daily. I got lucky and the circuit I'm on wasn't overloaded. Yesterday they had an electrician in here running new lines and doing some other stuff. Hopefully this will take care of the problem in my area. At least the flooring was designed in a way so they only had to pull up some carpet pieces and metal floor pieces so it was easy to run new lines. Other than that, the building sucks and should be torn down and rebuilt. It has to be one of the worst designed buildings I've ever been in and inefficient as hell.

Oh yeah, yay for state govt.

Tell them to buy AMD's. They would have less heat and power problems. ;)

Hito Bahadur said:

Oh if it were only that easy! :) I've been trying to convince my boss to order a few Opteron workstations now that IBM is selling them in their Z Pro line. He just dismisses the thought, as he is firmly entrenched in the "AMD is budget equipment" mindset. No amount of benches, documentation or testimonials will sway him. I guess we are just Intel-centric no matter how much it sucks.

p[H]ant0m said:
Oh if it were only that easy! :) I've been trying to convince my boss to order a few Opteron workstations now that IBM is selling them in their Z Pro line. He just dismisses the thought, as he is firmly entrenched in the "AMD is budget equipment" mindset. No amount of benches, documentation or testimonials will sway him. I guess we are just Intel-centric no matter how much it sucks.

I can relate to that.

Congrats FLECOM!!! Glad you are getting more power for the [H]orde.

yes i feel the intel centric thing... although i managed to squeek through a pair of dual opteron workstations buy buying them all as parts from different vendors, when the netadmin saw them he freaked out like omg wtf amd? and when he used them he was like, i want one :rolleyes:

they are being used as video editors atm

Hito Bahadur said:

Oh, don't I wish. I'd really love it since it seems I have much better luck folding on AMDs. Not to mention at this point they would have bought A64 systems. Doesn't really matter what speed either since almost every one of them would run circles around this P4 for folding.

Well FLECOM, you got another lab around there? Logikality be putting up some freaky numbers, just bumped you from #1 in PPD.... :D

Great PPD the both of you are putting up, and long term borgs too....nice!

Damn you wasn't supposed to notice... the last couple days and next week I can have big packets on, since no one is using the machines until the second week in May.

So full speed ahead!!!

Waves as you pass me in a week...

Back