Background buzzing

w00ty

Weaksauce
I've been having this computer for over a year now and it has always had this buzzing electric noise which seems to vary depending on the system load but which is always present, no matter wether "mute" is on or not.

This didn't really bother me (I don't have my headphones on most of the time) until I started watching movies on my computer, then this background noise became extremely annoying.

The thing is, would a sound card solve this problem? Would I get a clean, noiseless audio output? I had the Xfi Xtrememusic in mind but all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading!

I had a problem similar to this due to the onboard sound on my motherboard. Oddly enough, I solved it by uninstalling the sound drivers that came with the board/were on the manufacturers website, and installing generic windows sound drivers via windows update.

Getting a sound card may fix this, if the cause of the problem is truely the onboard audio.
The trouble with having a sound card in the computer though...... is it's still in the computer. Still, it will probably end up being better, and you may be able to install it in a slot that is away from a lot of EM producing stuff.
What kemekalx says may also be worth a try.

thats why I just bought a sound card. If you can wait a few days I'll let you know how it goes. My onboard has made the buzzing hissing noise since I have had it. Tried different drivers made for it and same stuff. Mine is really annoying and gets louder when i move the mouse and do things like open rar files.

Had the same problem until i bought an X-Fi its a problem with alot of motherboards, I believe its because some mobos have the audio sharing a bus with something else so when the other things on the bus start getting active you get noise.

On my old mobo it was awful everytime i moved my mouse i got background noise.

I just installed the X-Fi Fatal1ty pro I bought and the hissing noise is completely gone. I also had zero problems installing the sound card. I actually installed from the disc and used their autoupdate which worked great. For once I can actually say I am quite pleased with creative so far.

I had the exact same problem and the solution: I just moved the DSL router. Strangley when the DSL router and DSL modem are placed together near my sound cables they interfere somehow. :confused: However though the problem has been fixed.

I deleted the sound drivers and downloaded some new ones and the buzzing is gone thanks to this weird "jacksensing" option that apparently has nothing to do with sound quality... but hey!

Anyway I think I'm going to be getting the X-Fi Xtrememusic seeing it's just 50 bucks on amazon right now.

Thank you all!

Back