Bad font problem?

LostPuppy

Limp Gawd
Ok so like many of you I am sure I have a lot of fonts, roughly 10, 000 (and im sure there are people here who can put my count to shame) one of the problems i have encountered over the years is that if a font is not created properly then Adobe software wont load right... other software can use the font perfectly but adobe photoshop wont even load up until i delete the bad fonts... (im sure someone has run into this before)

my question is this... 1) is there a program that will go through all my fonts and pick out the bad ones...

or

2) is there a way to make adobe applications (photoshop , premiere) ignore the fonts?

thanks for any help...

I'm not sure of any program that looks for defective or improperly created fonts. Best I could suggest - if you insist on keeping the broken fonts around is to manually figure out what ones are broken and then only load them when you need them. Also - with that many fonts you really need to look at a font manager like suitcase so you do not always have 10,000 fonts loading on your system. Font managers can have font groups and categories that are loaded and unloaded as needed and can usually create easy to look at indexes of the fonts which makes finding a font much easier than trying to dig through tens of thousands of fonts all at once.

thanks man, i didnt font managers exsisted... i will search for suitcase....

Perhaps you should post opn the Adobe forums then alt east Adobe people can sort the problem out.

Back