Barracuda .9 120GB Sata Spin Retry Count

jtg1993

Gawd
I just noticed this while looking at my SMART on my Seagate Barracuda .9 120GB,
HDTune_Health_ST3120213AS.png

What does it mean? I haven't noticed any odd noises or anything from the drive.

EDIT: BTW this drive is about 2 years old and has been on for 1.55 years.

Well, you can always go to your favorite search engine, type in "SMART spin retry count," and look at this SITE.

Any SMART errors is a good indication that your drive is facing imminent death. Yours looks ok, for now.

Don

It must be a seagate thing because my 7200.9 does the same thing and the 7200.10 i put in my moms computer does the same thing in HD Tune pro. Its normal

It must be a seagate thing because my 7200.9 does the same thing and the 7200.10 i put in my moms computer does the same thing in HD Tune pro. Its normal

Ok good, Im glad that its a seagate thing. Im just gonna put the drive in my moms pc just in case it does decide to die.

From my looking around, SMART errors tend to count down. Looking at your listing for Spin Retry Count, the Data has a 0, and the Current and Worst are still at 100. So to me it looks like you have NEVER had a SPIN Retry. Since the Threshold is 97, this is a serious error and would quickly generate a SMART error if it started to occur.

My new Seagate 7200.11 highlites that line in HD Tune for me too. Don't know why.

Don

Back