Battlefield: Bad Company Beta

Ryle

[H]ard|Gawd
Who else got into the beta? all the free keys are gone, but i just so happen to have a IGN insider account so i got my key and am now downloading the beta, servers dont go live till the 25th however.

This game looks really good, looking forward to it, the destructible environment is going to make for some good gameplay i think.

I d/led it yesterday

If the mp game looks like the tutorial intro its gonna be awesome

I downloaded it yesterday, cant wait to play it.

Pre-order the gold edition or subscribe to IGN are the only ways left to get it I guess..

Yep.... I have it pre-ordered but GameStop was being dumb about it so I just signed up for IGN. No biggie. Downloading now.

Had a subscription to fileplanet was going to get the key for subscribers then my stupid 1 yr was up lol no beta for me really dont have the time w/work right now but looking forward to hear about it.

I'm officially not interested at all in this game now that EA confirmed two skus, and buying weapons through microtransactions.

Well, I was able to get a beta key today, so give it a try guys, you might get lucky.

For me, from what I have seen, Bad Company looks alright. I am not sure how the destructible environments will have a positive effect on the game play, nade spamming could take a toll on the maps, and ruin the fun early on, though hopefully my opinion will change for the better once I get the beta fired up tomorrow.

Is anyone else getting ridiculous lag from this? Cant play for shit because its so laggy for me..

no lag for me.. gameplay tight but i must say cod4 is better imo.

I tried to play this morning before work... no deal... it said they were experiencng "performance issues" (imagine that... performance issues and EA).

I will try again tonight. I'm hoping it at least looks better than the intro, because that didn't look anything like the gameplay videos I've been watching IMO.

Ahhh.... I got in. My friend had gotten 2 keys. And gave me one. Anyways I am at school so 4 hours until I can try out the beta

Been trying to join a game all day, it just says "Joining Game" and then goes back to the menu.:rolleyes:

WTG Dice!

Just an FYI... DICE has turned off ALL friend functionality for the Beta... so you can't have a party or invite any of your friends to the game. And apparently, none of that matters because you can't even join a game anyway.

been playing it since about 4:30 with my friend, fucking awesome for a beta. Surprisingly fun. Apparently, Knives alone can be used to demo a house... I'll have to try that one day ;)

Some of the guns are a bit odd... and nade lagg is the biggest piss off in the world. When i blow you the hell up in the chest with a noob toob, YOU STAY DEAD GOD DAMNIT!

Knifing is the FUNNEST thing in this so far :D Teefing dog tags could make up my entire day if I didnt have school heheh

seems to be a slight offshoot of BF:2 with poorly implemented environmental destruction. hope the real game ads some new stuff.

Paying for weapons can not possibly go over well...if this game does this than I think it will fail. We as consumers need to draw the line somewhere. I guess a lot can be said in a world where we need to pay for maps to play on in our games that we've already bought, as well as paying for new songs to play in games (and costly as shit equipment) that we've already bought. EA is just taking it to the next logical (yet unbelievably greedy and infuriating) level.

I have no real interest in this yet.

I played the demo for about 30 minutes a few hours ago and I wasn't impressed. The maps feel too big, as even in full games the maps feel empty. Then again, I've never been a huge fan of the Battlefield series, so I dunno.

Most of th IJJI games are free to play, the only way they make their money is through their pay-for-items feature. I actually liked it in Gunbound, didn't use it so much in Gunz. That being said, they should give us battlefield free and make us pay for upgrades not available through gameplay, if they are set on the whole paying for items. Either way I will give it a shot as I am pretty big into 2142 and used to play BF2.

Paying for weapons can not possibly go over well...if this game does this than I think it will fail. We as consumers need to draw the line somewhere. I guess a lot can be said in a world where we need to pay for maps to play on in our games that we've already bought, as well as paying for new songs to play in games (and costly as shit equipment) that we've already bought. EA is just taking it to the next logical (yet unbelievably greedy and infuriating) level.

I have no real interest in this yet.

The guns that you upgrade to just by ranking up have just about the same stats as the ones you can buy.. so theres really no reason to buy them..

The guns that you upgrade to just by ranking up have just about the same stats as the ones you can buy.. so theres really no reason to buy them..

This is not accurate. You can read EA's own press release that confirms.

Back