Battlestations: Midway thread of anticipation

I'm definitely checking this game out. Love pacific theater games.

Hopefully we'll be getting a little Silent Hunter IV this summer too. =D

reminds me of another battlestation game for the PS1..

Wonder if they are the same thing..

When I mentioned I might actually start using the xb360 when they finally come out with a real strategy type game such as Battlestation or Command and Conquer one of my kid's said "ya mean I gotta plan stuff in order to win..that takes all the fun out of playing"! I couldn't help but wonder how much brain damage I've already done by getting them a gaming console. ;=)

When I mentioned I might actually start using the xb360 when they finally come out with a real strategy type game such as Battlestation or Command and Conquer one of my kid's said "ya mean I gotta plan stuff in order to win..that takes all the fun out of playing"! I couldn't help but wonder how much brain damage I've already done by getting them a gaming console. ;=)

Oooooh man, that kid needs a smackin'.

And honestly, I think the PC will be the king of deep strategy games for years to come.

This game looks like it has potential. I hope it turns out well.

good lookin' out pete. been waiting for this game for a long time. I've had 4 family members get a 360 within the past month because of gears of war and battlestations.

Demo is out (came out at 5am est).

I've already played a good hour and a half of it, fucking BLAST.

Getting a good game with 8 people going (who don't fucking QUIT) is total fucking mayhem. You'll have ships fighting ships, with airplanes all around and the occasional sub underneath.

I have to say, going into this I was expecting the planes to be my favorite, but the ships are damn fun, espically the ones with the big artillery pieces. It is pretty arcadey, enough you can easily pick it up and play, however some things take paitence. (like subs, you have to lead the torpedo's, etc).

Defiently a game worthy of picking up when it's released imo.

Demo is out (came out at 5am est).

I've already played a good hour and a half of it, fucking BLAST.

Getting a good game with 8 people going (who don't fucking QUIT) is total fucking mayhem. You'll have ships fighting ships, with airplanes all around and the occasional sub underneath.

I have to say, going into this I was expecting the planes to be my favorite, but the ships are damn fun, espically the ones with the big artillery pieces. It is pretty arcadey, enough you can easily pick it up and play, however some things take paitence. (like subs, you have to lead the torpedo's, etc).

Defiently a game worthy of picking up when it's released imo.

Couldn't agree more.

Damn, once u find 7 other people who know what they're doing it's like a movie. I love how battleships have separate range/reload indicators for the primary and secondary batteries. Once you get one within range of the enemy base it's pretty much a Deathstar, 5 or 6 barrages with the main guns and the base is leveled. And watching your heavy flak and light AA guns firing on their own is soo awesome.

After poking around and checking out the demo...I have interest in this game. Looks like it could be fun.

After poking around and checking out the demo...I have interest in this game. Looks like it could be fun.

Nice! Im loving the demo despite the glitches. It seems that people either totally love it or totally despise it. There's no middle ground on this one.

I just watched the video, and wow, that looks like a lot of fun. I'll definitely have to pick that up once I finally break down and get a 360.

The demo is fun, but the learning curve has an insanely steep angle. When I started, I had basically no idea how to do anything, even after reviewing the controls before the game. After a while, I had basically figured out how to move and shoot, but hadn't quite figured out the automation aspects yet.

And, is it just me, or are the maximum firing ranges in this game insanely small? Before I could open up on an opposing battleship, I had to be practically on top of them. That's a real far cry from what I expected (long-range shell swapping matches).

Played once last night- I actually used my headset for the first time.

Kinda fun (I want to drive a BB! I had a CVA last night)

Flight controls are reversed- Pull the stick to climb, push to dive. Idiots. I'm a real world pilot, so this screws with me.

I've not figured out the automation at all yet or just what anything does, but I had a number of AA kills with my batteries.

Flight controls are reversed- Pull the stick to climb, push to dive. Idiots. I'm a real world pilot, so this screws with me.

Pull the stick toward you to climb, push away to dive is the norm.

Either way, if you looked under options you'd see you can invert the axis. (at least in this game you roll, then pull to turn instead of the arcade way) :D

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm hearing good things... except for the fact a few people I know have experienced a lot of quitters, in the middle of games. The worst part is if the host quits the entire game is over. They should pass the hosting on to the next person with the best connection, automatically. Either way I look forward to trying it out.

Im really liking this demo, and game so far. i have played only a few matches, but i feel that i have an ok grasp of the controls.

i am having some technical problems with the demo locking up at the end of every match, so i think i will delete and re-download the demo, but i am having a blast with this.

I am looking forward to the full game, so i can get my hands on more ships, planes, and scenarios. this all takes me back to Task Force 1942, and aces of the pacific. im glad someone decided to revisit the naval combat WW2 genre.

...This game pwns...I've played the demo like 40 times already..This is the only game I play right now out of all the systems(see sig) and PC games I have. It requires strategy and patience...I love it.

Getting this game as soon as it comes out.

Back