BBY Clearance Items (YMMV)

MatreX

Limp Gawd
Walked into my local Best Buy and found the following new (not open item):

Logitech MX Revolution Laser Mouse (Reg: $99.99) now: $49.99

Western Digital 500Gig (MyDVR Expander/TiVO) (Reg: $119.99) now: $56.99

I cleaned out the WD's in the S. Fort Worth location.

and there were many more things around the store marked down in pretty much all depts.

Clearance at BBY is very YMMV. The prices vary on a store-to-store basis and are set based on the store's location and target crowd.

luckily, the mouse is actually clearance online in the link provided..( or $75 at the Egg)... the drives however, are not online anymore... (only the 1tb ones are, though, the Egg has the 500Gig HERE and HERE for $99)

Last edited:
I got the VX revolution, gotta add that is a piece of shit mouse so not worth the $50 i took it back

Hey, Matrex... did you go to the one on Bryant-Irving Rd. or the one near the base? THe one near the base knocks of another 10% for millitary ID

Hey, Matrex... did you go to the one on Bryant-Irving Rd. or the one near the base? THe one near the base knocks of another 10% for millitary ID

Nope, but I did just hit the one in N. Fort Worth (Heritage Trace) location and found lots of clearance items on tables in the main aisles. Many things had the price tagged on it, then had a sticker with 30% (and some had other percentages) hand written below them indicating the discount. Some items are new, some are open item. Open items seemed to be heavily discounted.

Too bad I dont have a military ID, but my younger brother does. :D

I almost never go to Best Buy for anything but, where, if any, do they stock pile the clearance items? I have one close by that I can go raid :D

I almost never go to Best Buy for anything but, where, if any, do they stock pile the clearance items? I have one close by that I can go raid :D

Usually, they're kinda like Target, you have to hunt to find the elusive "clearance" endcap or shelf... but, so far, the two stores I've visited today had tables in the main (large) aisles you cant miss full of stuff marked down.

Good thing the VX is not the one on sale. :D

So far, I really like this MX model.

VX o i meant MX, well the drivers sucked and sometimes when i boot into windows it doesn't get recognized and what i hate is that it always drops connection to the base which plain sucks. Useless mouse.

I've never had a problem with my MX Revolution. It's a very nice mouse and a good change of pace from the MX1000. BUT that being said, I find the scroll wheel in games can be a problem because it glides so easily. As well as it will occassionally switch into "clicking scrolling" from Glide scrolling for no reason. Haven't figured that out yet.

VX o i meant MX, well the drivers sucked and sometimes when i boot into windows it doesn't get recognized and what i hate is that it always drops connection to the base which plain sucks. Useless mouse.
Got one at home and one at work and never had those problems. The mouse you got was crap unfortunately. It's an excellent mouse for desktop work and even gaming. The drivers are very customizable and pretty darn stable (XP, Vista, and Windows 7). Did you contact logitech about the issues you were having? They have generally excellent customer service.

As well as it will occassionally switch into "clicking scrolling" from Glide scrolling for no reason. Haven't figured that out yet.
Configure Setpoint to change the point at which it switches from click to free-wheel. It's probably set too low. Also the one thing that isn't really obvious because I think we all tend to go straight for the slider is the fact that there is an application drop down which gives you the ability to change the setting per application. Set it higher or turn off the free-wheel ability for the game you are having the issue with.

Never had that problem with mine, and I've used it on both XP and Vista (32 and 64 bit), as well as Ubuntu (via virtual box).

I still like the MX1000 better, though my page down button is dead on it, but the MX Revolution is excellent for work.

I'd also add that Logitech Drivers + uberoptions = the ultimate mouse.

Too bad you just didnt wait till Newegg sold new harddrives for that price heh.

Well, you wait long enough, everything gets cheaper to a point.... This is the here and now.. and these _are_ new, so I'm not sure where that comment comes from??:confused:

very hot deal, thinking about cleaning out the wds in rochester MI

Arg, I bit on the 20 dollar G9 deal from BuyDig and stopped by my local BBY and picked up 2 MX Revolutions. I've already got 3 but can't go wrong with having cheap backups.

Back