Been awhile since I overclocked, need some advice.

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
So my new parts are coming tomorrow and it's been awhile since I overclocked (my last computer was socket 754!). I'm going to let my system run stable for a couple of days first before OCing.

But anyways, got some questions. My Gigabyte motherboard comes with its own OC program, is it okay to use it and OC in Windows or is it always better to do it through bios? I'm gonna try to OC an E8400 with Tuniq Tower, since I haven't really paid much attention, can someone give me a basic overview on steppings, which volts to increase in bios etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I just got a Q6600 with a Gigabyte P35-DS3L and it has the Windows overclock program. It doesn't seem to work well with the CPU, reports wrong temps, and I can't run newer games with it OCing my GPU. OC from the bios and keep it simple.

That's just my opinion but I hope it helps. :)

read the stickie @ top of forum, should help you tons. just watch temps and how much vcore you give cpu whether air or water cooling.

I have found Gigabyte's OC program unreliable, at best. Buggy and sometimes will not even run. Use the BIOS

Back