BenQ 2730Z issue with refresh rates. Won't go over 60hz

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got a BenQ 2730Z delivered from Newegg yesterday. Spent over 2 hours jacking with it. Using DVI-D supplied cable into Radeon/XFX 280X, Windows or Control center doesn't see anything over 60hz option at 1440 res. At 1080 it has 120 listed, but I'm not going to down grade my res to play at 120hz on something listed at 144hz capable at 1440. Whole reason I bought monitor was to upgrade an Acer 24" 144 monitor that was running fine. Tried another DVI-D cable. I don't have any display port cables so cannot test those. Tried another computer, same issue. Yes I DID install the monitor .INF file from CD. Tried installing some program from BenQ site, neither helped. Emailed RMA/Tech dept and posted question on their site. NO REPLIES. Pretty miffed at my luck on this one. I think given the troubleshooting I've covered my bases. What are the chances this one didn't get programmed right or something is bad with the monitor? IT does work/turn on. Just cannot obtain the proper refresh rates.

well I would think they should include a DP cable with the item then. Came with DVI and HDMI but no DP cable. Searching, I didn't see anything that DVI-D was incapable of supporting 1440 res at 144hz?????

ok makes sense. Kinda miffed there is nothing in the setup manual/sheet about this, or the cable included :(

You CAN get 120hz over Dual link DVI, at 2560x1440, if you use the pixel clock patcher from monitortests.com, but results are not guaranteed. you may or may not get artifacts.

100hz over dual link DVI @ 2560x1440 is guaranteed to work with the pixel clock patcher as that has been tested.

http://www.monitortests.com/

well I borrowed a DP cable from a friend and it works. So I guess tech is passing me by, combined with awful instructions of BenQ and inability to pack proper cables in the package(supposed to come with DP cable). At least it works!

did it not come with a DP cable? You would think it would come with a DP cable. Where was the DP cable?

it is supposed to come with a DP cable. But it was missing along with the S link dongle thing, which I'm not sure wtf that does, but is touted as some feature of the setup. I sent several messages to BenQ via their RMA/support site and NO replies in 2-3 days now. Not happy with level of support or the missing items. AT least monitor works now.

Back