BenQ G2400W hookup question

Mekanic01

Gawd
This isn't really important, but would be nice to know. I'm planning on using it for my new pc, and it'll be running off of a gtx280, and I'll be using my PS3 as well. But what I'm interested in, is can I run my current system to it as well, with a FX5500? I'm sure it won't power the whole screen, but can I get it setup with a black border? And how does the monitor switch between the different inputs, is there just a button?

Until I put my new PC together, mine is being powered by a Radeon 9700 pro and a 2.4 P4. No black borders. I'm using the entire screen.

My desktop is at the native res, and Guild Wars works great. Counterstrike is running in full screen, but at a non-native lowere res.

Can't comment about the different hook ups.

Do you mean run both computers to the same monitor at the same time?

If you mean 1:1 pixel mapping, then yes. You can set it so that if you play 1280x1024, it will put black borders around the outside and keep the correct aspect ratio.

Switching is done with one button, no need to navigate thru the menus.
You can have 2 active inputs at the same time and just switch between them by pressing the "Enter" button (It's a shortcut, other buttons are also shortcuts for other common functions). I tried it with my laptop connected thru VGA and my desktop thru DVI/HDMI and it worked.

You have the option to stretch to full screen, "aspect", or use 1:1. Aspect stretches evenly until the image hits the border in one direction. so a 4:3 res will have bars on the sides, 16:10 res will stretch to full screen.

I sometimes use mine at 1600x1200 res, either 1:1 or "aspect" produce the same results with bars on the sides.

Thank you Trent, that's what I needed to know. If only I could run three inputs.... but no big deal.

I believe you can have 3 inputs and switch between them. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It's just that I tried it with only 2.

Sorry if I confused you with what I said.

You can use all three inputs (1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA) and switch between them (as Trent has said) using the right most "enter" key which is the input hot key.

No problems there as far as I can tell. The G2400W only has one bad habit that if it loses connection over VGA it will auto-switch to DVI which can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but otherwise you can use all three connections and switch between them.

Regards,

10e

New question, what do I need for cables? I want the prices to be reasonable, but I read something about quality does not matter, then I was told otherwise by somebody else.

Also, at the lowest setting of the stand, what is the measurement, bottom to top, and can I flip the stand and hang the monitor?

In terms of either DVI or HDMI as long as you are under 15 feet it doesn't matter what you get in terms of quality as these are digital cables and don't have the interference problems that analog cables have (I read an article posted by a manufacture of cables about this). Quality matters much more for analog cables like VGA and component. Just go to monoprice.com and find the cheapest cables at the length that you need. I got two 6 foot HDMI cables for under $15 with shipping from them and they work great. Never buy cables from a retail store as they rip you off big time, I should know I work at BB.

Back