Benq XL2420TX or Samsung S23A750D for 3D using 7970

Given my system, which monitor should I buy for my needs?

• Buy the Samsung!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Buy the Benq!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Proteos

Gawd
Please bear with me, as I am a complete neophyte when it comes to 3D technology and requirements. I recently purchased a 7970, and I would like to upgrade my monitor as it is on it's last leg. I want to buy a new 120hz monitor, as I mainly game (both FPS and RTS games) on my system. The Samsung S23A750D caught my eye, but I am a little leery of having a monitor with a glossy screen as I have always owned matte monitors. I do not plan on necessarily gaming in 3D, but I would like the option to in the future since I will be buying a 120hz monitor anyway. So, my question is... despite that the Benq XL2420TX appears to be geared towards 3D gaming with NVidia cards, would I be able to use 3D with this monitor using my 7970? Should I bite the bullet and buy the Samsung despite my reservation with using a glossy screen? Just as a note, the TX version of the XL2420 allows the usage of 3D over HDMI and Display port. Thank you for your assistance ahead of time!

You can't use Nvidia 3D with AMD gpu's. There are no matte 120hz displays geared towards AMD GPU's and none have been announced/rumoured.

Back