Best 1156 mATX board for overclocking?

ubern00b15

Gawd
I just got an i7 860 and I was wondering what the best board if for this platform I'd like to hit 4ghz, I have a Corsair H50 cooler so it shouldn't be too difficult.

The EVGA board runs its PCI-E lanes exclusively at x8, even if only one slot is populated. Just a heads up. The board was on my short list for my next build but this problem on top of the one year warranty convinced me to go the extra mile and settle on the Maximus Gene which also has a three year warranty. Yes yes it does cost significantly more and most cards will not saturate the x8, but my next build I want it to last me a few years so I'm keeping expandability to as high as I can.

Anyone have experiences with the GA-P55M-UD4 they can share?

Man, its too bad you already have the i5 because 1366 micro boards top out about 200 also and then you have the benefits of x58 and sli/xfire at 16x. Anyway you can return that 860 and get a 920/930? The component cost for the rest of your system wouldnt be that much.

The EVGA board runs its PCI-E lanes exclusively at x8, even if only one slot is populated. Just a heads up. The board was on my short list for my next build but this problem on top of the one year warranty convinced me to go the extra mile and settle on the Maximus Gene which also has a three year warranty. Yes yes it does cost significantly more and most cards will not saturate the x8, but my next build I want it to last me a few years so I'm keeping expandability to as high as I can.

Anyone have experiences with the GA-P55M-UD4 they can share?

Yeah, I saw that. I decided on the P55-UD4 actually. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

Best 1156 mATX board for overclocking?

MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX
MICRO ATX