BEST 23 or 24' LCD FOR PROFFESIONALS

AcUaViVa

n00b
for grafical DESIGN , BROADCASTING and in a future HD ..

apple 23' are my firts option but i think that's not the realy one..

plese the mayor use are for editing images or postpodroduction and de 15% time to play games..

thanks to all & happy new year

Don't buy Apple 23" unless you are using a Mac coz you won't be able to tune it whatsoever

it's for a X1800XT ... now i have a 20 TFT APPLE & i will change to 23 or 24..

wotblake said:
IBM T221 22"

Maximum Resolution 3840 x 2400

Have atleast 6,000 ready.

I like this guys style. I believe that's the monitor hospitals use for high grade x-rays and other imaging in which noticing small details is important. ^^
It sure would be nice to have... several of those.

UnknownSouljer said:
I like this guys style. I believe that's the monitor hospitals use for high grade x-rays and other imaging in which noticing small details is important. ^^
It sure would be nice to have... several of those.

Nah, I'll wait for the SED version ;)

AcUaViVa said:
for grafical DESIGN , BROADCASTING and in a future HD ..

apple 23' are my firts option but i think that's not the realy one..

plese the mayor use are for editing images or postpodroduction and de 15% time to play games..

thanks to all & happy new year

dont be ufended, buht wat kind ov profeshnel kant spehl?

MacWorld really liked the HP L2335 when they did a comparison a while back:
http://www.macworld.com/2005/02/reviews/23inchlcd/index.php

Considering you can get one from costcentral.com for ~$950 with rebate, I think it's probably your best bet.

The Samsung 244T is a great candidate too but costs ~$1400.

The Dell 24" is a nice device but it's not optimal for photo editing from what I've read.

twyztyr said:
Possibly one who uses English as a second language. Don't judge.

Possibly a good point, I'm just used to kids on here that don't bother to spell things correctly. If that is the case, I apologise. If not, then invest heavily in English courses.

syntax_terror said:
MacWorld really liked the HP L2335 when they did a comparison a while back:
http://www.macworld.com/2005/02/reviews/23inchlcd/index.php

Considering you can get one from costcentral.com for ~$950 with rebate, I think it's probably your best bet.

The Samsung 244T is a great candidate too but costs ~$1400.

The Dell 24" is a nice device but it's not optimal for photo editing from what I've read.

I have the 2335 Hp and it pwns.

I second the Eizo! Eventhough I use an Apple Cinema Display, Eizo's are the "Professional" monitor and they command a "Professional" price but I am sure in the end its a higher quality piece

is the Eizo good for gaming? that thing is a beautiy.. was gonna buy the 37" westinghouse for gaming and movies, but it seems too big for me, so i'm kina looking for alternative.. :)

Is that Philips monitor using the same panel as the 2405? Specs look close with the same resolution and response time.

Is that Philips monitor using the same panel as the 2405? Specs look close with the same resolution and response time.

Not sure actually. I think the 2405 is generally bigger and better tho :p

Anyone know what quality is like when displaying lower resolutions than the native res on these larger LCD displays? (ie 23")

I heard they can be very blurry.

at this moment i go for samsung 244T 1300€ and eizo 1350€ (maybe it's not sure because i did'nt find a reseller )

in europe dell cost's 1280€.... and samsung or eizo seame to be better .. not?

If color is what you want but you also want an LCD prepare to cough up money.

Personally, I'd say don't take anything we say as the endpoint of a decision, only information to aid you in your quest for the great LCD.

That being said, assuming that your priority is color on an LCD, here it is: http://www.monitoroutlet.com/M10467.html

I didn't hear you say anything about a budget so that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Betauser said:
is the Eizo good for gaming?
The response time is 8ms, so it's fast enough, but it's a waste of money for games. Get a 2405 and knock yourself out. Unless you plan on calibrating your monitor and have a requirement for absolute color accuracy, why spend nearly $1000 more? Bragging rights is about all you'll get for your extra $$.

oc

Back