Best 24 inch 1080 2ms GAMING (TN) LCD monitor that money can buy right now?

kinetic

Weaksauce
Best overall response time, best contrast, quality - no dead pixels, no light leakage etc?

Im returning a defective Samsung P2570 to PC Connection and I'm getting my $299.95 back. Way too much light leak, videos and movies looked horrible. Im wondering if I should EXCHANGE it for another one or get a different brand entirely. The samsung has excellent color and aesthetics, but if I get another light leak model I'm going to be very irritated.

I don't have time to wait for the way delayed XL2370, unfortunately. So I was coming here to ask your recommendations for a gaming TN panel that has fast response time and the best contrast. I was thinking just give Samsung another chance, since they haven't failed me before. If Samsung proves to be mediocre again I'm going to gripe to their consumer relations department and get a resolution made... BUT I wanted to ask!!!

Im returning a defective Samsung P2570 to PC Connection and I'm getting my $299.95 back. Way too much light leak, videos and movies looked horrible. Im wondering if I should EXCHANGE it for another one or get a different brand entirely. The samsung has excellent color and aesthetics, but if I get another light leak model I'm going to be very irritated.
You could try an LED backlit TN LCD like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-IGNEFL100809-_-LCDMonitors-_-LC8D-_-24005134
But poor black levels/contrast ratios and backlight inhomogeneity are inherent to the technology here (TN based LCD's), and you'll be lucky if you find one that is perfectly even. Asus makes good 24" 1080p lcd's (ie VK246H) if you want to try another brand.

Last edited:
the XL2370 is meant to be in stores on the 12th so its not very long to wait.

i called my local best buy and they said that it's coming on the truck tomorrow, and i got pcconnection.com to agree to let me send the defective LCD back after i buy it.. so no worries..

freaking expensive though.. $346 after tax and waste fee compared to $299.95 for this 24 inch on pc connection

also BB stated that sometimes the manufacturer can delay actual sales, eg they will get it in stock tomorrow but the manufacturer will say "Don't sell any until the 12th"

Last edited:
i called my local best buy and they said that it's coming on the truck tomorrow, and i got pcconnection.com to agree to let me send the defective LCD back after i buy it.. so no worries..

freaking expensive though.. $346 after tax and waste fee compared to $299.95 for this 24 inch on pc connection

also BB stated that sometimes the manufacturer can delay actual sales, eg they will get it in stock tomorrow but the manufacturer will say "Don't sell any until the 12th"
Cool.. let us know how it is if you get it. I read in the cnet that it does actually have decent black levels.

The Asus 24 inch gaming TN monitors have generally had very good reviews and they are fairly cheap too.

The Dell G2410 hands down

"2ms" response time isn't usually legit, and there is typically no noticeable difference between a monitor with a 2ms rated response time and a 5ms rated response time.

Also, the XL2370 is already for sale on Best Buy For Business' website, so it should definitely hit retail very soon. They will probably start sales for it at the beginning of a new week, i.e. next week.

The Asus 24 inch gaming TN monitors have generally had very good reviews and they are fairly cheap too.

I just picked up a VW246H and LOVE IT, absolutely kicks ass when playing Cod4 and Halo 3. PQ is very good, no dead pixels and VGA even looks great! Kicks the pants off my old Hanns-g 22"!

I believe Asus LCDs are the official Evo monitors. Evo is a huge fighting game tournament, and those games really need to play lag-free.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back