Best Basic Keyboard Under 50 $ ?

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the best basic keyboard (dont need the media buttons etc) under 50 $ in terms of durability, low noise etc. I dont want anything ergonomic etc, just a basic keyboard that has good response, low noise and wont wear out quickly.

Thanks

My favorite keyboards have been the ridiculously old blocky and heavy PS/2 keyboards that were $5 way back when. They're way more reliable than all the new keyboards I see on the market. Newer ones have plenty of nice features including media buttons, wireless functionality, and curvy lines, but the older ones can take a real beating. If I were you I'd just try to find a well-built bargain rather than aiming for something in the $50 range. Just my own two cents.

You should be able to get the Saitek Eclipse II, 3 colour back lit keyboard for less than $50.
Fantastic keyboard!

I'm in like with my Rosewill slim keyboard for ~$15-$20. Model in sig, bought it for the slim keys and orange side accent.

I love the stock pos Dell L100 keyboard that they toss in on most computer builds. The keys have a nice feedback feel and depth, on this keyboard I can easily type 60wpm and be sure I actually pressed the key hard enough to know it worked.

Thanks for the suggestions, I would get the saitek eclipse but its for my mum and she doesnt want anything special. she loves the dell keyboard she had but its gotten really worn out and nasty over the 4 years shes had her pc. Ill probably do something like that.

Thanks

My favorite keyboards have been the ridiculously old blocky and heavy PS/2 keyboards that were $5 way back when. They're way more reliable than all the new keyboards I see on the market. Newer ones have plenty of nice features including media buttons, wireless functionality, and curvy lines, but the older ones can take a real beating. If I were you I'd just try to find a well-built bargain rather than aiming for something in the $50 range. Just my own two cents.

I LOVE those keyboards, I have a G15 but the older styles do rock,

Honestly, I'm using my Saitek Eclipse I and I love it. So I imagine the II would be even better. I HIGHLY recommend it. Been using it somewhat hard for almost 4 years and not a problem with it yet.

If it's just basic basic for your mom keyboard, whatever keyboard for $10-$20 would do. Hell, drop by Goodwill and snatch up whatever.

might not have Saitek Eclipse (X3) but my friend has one.. he got it at fry's for $18 on black friday in an oem box..

X2!!!

I've became so accustomed to mine I have problems using other keyboards. I even prefer to use if when using the laptop (actually doing that right now :D ).

Whats so different between the Saitek Eclipse II and other keyboards that makes it difficult? I'm not slamming the Eclipse II I have one on my gaming rig at home. And I wish the color selector was mechanical so that it would remember what color I was using last. I'm to lazy or don't care enough to change the color every time I get on my computer. Mmmm purple

And I'm cheating and voting twice on this one. Your mum would might appreciate the brand recognition of the HP keyboard (just like the dell) and they work great, are quiet and relatively cheap for the good construction.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823700003

Back