Best Buy HD-DVD firesale. YMMV.

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
Gizmodo is reporting that all HD-DVDs are $9.99 and tv series are 70% off. I'll be going to my local BBY in a little while just to check it out.

I'll check it out... got nothing else to do today and need to pickup some HD-DVDs :)

Mainly interested in box sets :D

I hope it's not cleaned out by the time I get there. Fry's was already getting cleaned out of HD DVD movies at $14.99 and $40 boxes sets. :(

my local stores have pulled all their hd-dvd stock.

Nope - I know where you live and I bought EVERYTHING yesterday. I am hoping that the value will go up and that I can sell it for a profit later.

I am good at that game - I have a crap load of beanie babies in the pile next to the discs.....

Mine said they pulled them and sent them back to the warehouse to sell online =/

Called Natomas, Arden Fair, Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Roseville, Vacaville, Fairfield stores in CA and they all said they pulled them out this morning. :( *sigh* guess I'm screwed. Don't really wanna drive 1.5 hours to Dublin, CA either. Maybe I'll get my brother to pick me up some.

bah, my local store pulled them this morning too. BB is so ghey.

What the hell are they going to do with them after they pull them? ebay?

What a bunch of tards. Did they think everyone was stupid and threw out their HD-DVD players?

Called ahead to the store in Williston, VT.
'Oh yeah we still have them.'
Get there and they pulled them this morning.
It amazes me how businesses can do so much right and so much wrong in the same breath.

I'll check it out on my way home tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful, as my BB hasn't had ANY of the deals so far.

Yeah, they told me they pulled them all this morning and to check the website as that's where they'll be selling them. Matrix Ultimate is 62.99 on the website, 48% off.

Maybe when I get my $50 Gift card for buying an HD player from Bestbuy, I'll buy some more HD movies.

Yea , they sent them all back because the stores would get full credit on their sendbacks for HD-dvd if I remember.

Firesale stores just lose a ton of margin just to save some space on their transfer...

I checked the Dearborn, MI store at lunch today - not a single HD-DVD in the place.
We'll probably see a massive HD-DVD sale at Overstock or one of the bigger DVD e-tailers in the next couple weeks as the distributors try to cut their losses.

Elston store in Chicago had them all pulled. Don't know about North Ave. or Clark St.:rolleyes:

Back