Best closed back sounding headphones?

NUNCA

Weaksauce
I'm looking at the sennheiser hd212 pros or something around the $100 price range. I need closed back headphones, and I have heard that the hd212's have to much base, and that the mid and highs are not balanced, is this true? I'm also looking at the audio technica ath m40's, the fostex 250rp, and the Roland Rh 200 headphones. Which would be the best sounding headphone out of those for rock, or anything but base beats. Any other quality headphones that I should be aware of please let me know.

I have a pair of HD 515 for sale I used them for about 3 hours and they sounded nice but I decided to buy a pair of audiotechnicas instead they retail for around $100

i had the sennheiser hd-497's and i bought a pair of the hd-202's because i wanted to try closed headphones. to tell you the truth i think the hd-202's sound better than the hd-497's and they cost half as much

i use my headphones for about 4 hours a day and both pairs of sennheisers are really confortable and i can hardly even notice that i am wearing them.

Another vote for the HD280, had mine for a couple years now and have been very satisfied.

We're probably sounding like a broken record at this point, but I'd say go for the HD280s.

Sennheiser HD280 are awesome, I live in an apt under a very loud store, thank hell I'm moving soon :).. but they do a great job of blocking out sound are comfortable and sound great to boot. A few times I've forgotten I'm wearing them because they sound so natural. Wearing them now and listening to music as I type this. Also, the HD280s are meant to be pro monitors so they're meant to have a balanced sound, no lame boomy base or anything but you can change the EQ to whatever you want. I find they sound best flat though.

again, the HD 280's
They sound very good, but you cant go too far wrong with the Audio Technica's reccomended above

Back