Best PC Speakers 4 Music ?

hi.

if your main concern is music you may want to consider a intergrated amp / bookshelf speaker combo.

given your options i would go with the klipsch speakers.

ps.: you link isn't working.

Pc speakers make Space cry.

Get a real stereo and be impressed. Audiogon is your friend.

The only -serious- problem is that the Klipsch Promedia 2.1.THX does not available in Europe:mad:

Another solution: M-Audio Studiophile LX4 2.1
Any experience with this speakers?

Thanks you all for your suggestions;)

Pc speakers make Space cry.

Get a real stereo and be impressed. Audiogon is your friend.

+1
Pc speakers are flimsy, plastic, small, weak, and overall sound like a whale turd.

Get some good sized bookshelves (in the speaker world, bigger is almost always better) and a decent amp and you're golden! I have 2 insignia bookshelf speakers, they're cheap but sound surprisingly good for the $30 price tag, and I also have an old JVC stereo integrated amp that also sounds good considering it was free :)

+1
Pc speakers are flimsy, plastic, small, weak, and overall sound like a whale turd.

Get some good sized bookshelves (in the speaker world, bigger is almost always better) and a decent amp and you're golden! I have 2 insignia bookshelf speakers, they're cheap but sound surprisingly good for the $30 price tag, and I also have an old JVC stereo integrated amp that also sounds good considering it was free :)

So you honestly think the Insignias sound as good as the Promedias or the logitechs aside from better imaging? I'm all for dedicated stereo for music, but the insignias kind of blow, even if they only cost 30.

Grab the logitechs, since you might play games and movies and stuff. You won't get anything better for the PRICE, obviously if you spend a few hundred more, just get a used receive, bookshelves and a sub for gaming and movies.

Reading this forum, I wonder how many of you guys have wooden knobs on your receivers. :rolleyes:

Altec 5021 > Klipsch 2.1 > Logitech 2300

That's the rank I'd give them, and many others who have had all three speakers.

Good luck.

:)

Grab the logitechs, since you might play games and movies and stuff. You won't get anything better for the PRICE, obviously if you spend a few hundred more, just get a used receive, bookshelves and a sub for gaming and movies.
I think a low-cost bookshelf system is the right choice depending on the manner in which it'll be used and what amp is driving them. I've driven my Insignias with a vintage Marantz receiver (the 40WPC 2240B), an early-90's cheap-o Teac, a late 90's Sony and a modified 'high-end' T-Amp (the Trends TA-10.1). They sound fantastic for the price when paired with the Marantz, but fell when they were paired with the other three amps. If the amp driving them is sub-par, the system is sub-par. I can only confidently say that the Insignias sound far beyond their price tag (read: fantastic) when paired with a Marantz, and only if they're properly placed. In other cases, my experiences with them have been less than stellar.

I'd get the Promedias GMXs, quite frankly. A sub-$200 bookshelf system is too tight a fuckin' squeeze.

Altec 5021 > Klipsch 2.1 > Logitech 2300

That's the rank I'd give them, and many others who have had all three speakers.

Good luck.

:)

I'm sorry, there is no way those other two come anywhere close to the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's. Not even close!

Back