Best software to clone SSD or HDD

I've tried every option listed here except for the ones mentioned in Macrium post. Are they supposed to be [H]ardcore or something? Downloading my free trial now. Heres to hoping it works!
Been at this for a few days.

System:
Going from 60GB Vertex Turbo to 240GB Intel 520

Things failed:
Acronis
Easeus
Paragon
Gparted
Intel (which is basically Acronis)

All have failed to make my new Intel520 bootable.

Did you remove the other ssd after the clone and put the new ssd in the same sata port as the old ssd?

I removed the Vertex Turbo, but did not switch the Intel port.

In either case, Macrium Reflect Pro is a winner!

I used its included WinPE booter loaded onto a USB stick. In it, it has a Startup Fixer kind of like windows but much more effective, obviously. I've tried manually doing all the bootrec, diskpart, etc and none of those worked. This did somehow. I didn't even bother recloning the SSD using Macrium.

Also finally got my SSD on AHCI, also not without troubles. Actually, It was pretty easy after I realized my SSD was hooked up to the JMicron controller, not the Intel on my board...

Things failed:
Acronis
Easeus
Paragon
Gparted
Intel (which is basically Acronis)

All have failed to make my new Intel520 bootable.

Any or all of these programs will work. While some of the free versions do not contain all the options this is just a case of operator error.

BUT, at least know you know which controller is which. :)

Where do you find those keys for Ghost? I noticed that they said they provided it but I must have missed where to get the key...

I've cloned half a dozen systems with Acronis Home 2011 which I got free with a NewEgg combo some time back. Worked perfectly every time.

It's the number listed on the sticker that's holding the flap on the included disk. However, my number would not work. I bought two Samsung SSD's, and the number was the same for both. So I needed to find a different way.

Any or all of these programs will work. While some of the free versions do not contain all the options this is just a case of operator error.

BUT, at least know you know which controller is which. :)

I think you misread me. While all of those cloned my SSD, none of them could make it bootable. This wasn't an issue with the controller yet.

Once I used Macrium to fix my boot issues, which Diskpart and bootrec /fixmbr etc. also failed to do, then Windows booted.

I then decided I wanted to switch my SSD to AHCI and that was when a whole other set of issue arose, mostly centered around the fact that I was on the JMicron controller.

I have a Crucial M4 128GB trying to clone it with Clonezilla to a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB. My problem is that it clones the 128GB and leaves the rest unallocated. I want to have only one partition of 256GB. Any help?

My problem is that it clones the 128GB and leaves the rest unallocated. I want to have only one partition of 256GB. Any help?

Just use the builtin OS Disk Manager to expand the partition.

Back