Best Speakers For $130

shivang222

Limp Gawd
Was wondering which speakers I should get for no more than $130 to pair up with my Xi-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card...
My preference is 2.0 or 2.1 and they should look decent...

thanks.. i would prefer something that would be easy to find in a store, since i wont be buying this online...

i live in california...

thanks.. i would prefer something that would be easy to find in a store, since i wont be buying this online...

i live in california...

Why buy them in the store? You cant audition computer speakers in a store. There is no advantage to buying them in a store unless you require immediate gratification like a kid who buys the first thing he sees in a toys R us.

Also whats with making a topic on the same thing when your other one is still open..?

Also whats with making a topic on the same thing when your other one is still open..?

Busted...

Also shop online, you will get more bang for your buck.

my budget sorta lowered...

i want to get them in a store so i can try them before buying...

If you're looking for sound quality, I don't think you can beat those swans at that price point.

i searched those swans on google but didnt find much... are those only available online?

I've noticed more and more lately, at places like my local best buy and circuit city, that the pc speaker selection is shrinking quite a bit, especially at the best buys I patronize.

Off the top of my head though, I've noticed the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's selling, Altec Lansing (can't remember the version name) and logitech sets all selling from b/w the 100-150 range. If you are patient you can get them on sale for around you budget range. Check out your local Compusa if there is one near you too, they have the speakers set up in a nice arrangement and a few preset musical selections that will allow you at least get a general idea of the sound. GL.

Auditioning computer speakers in a store is a waste of time.

Why not get some nice 2.0 speakers? I have the best buy Insignia NS-B2111 (got em at $35 before they went up to like $60) and they sound great. I could use a nicer amp though, I'm using a freebie 20 year old JVC I found in our basement. You can look at them in best buy and then buy them online for much cheaper. Then just get a decent 2ch amp or old receiver and hook them bad boys up!

SWAN WINS

fatality

Dittoheading on the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s (THX). They're simply beyond reproach.

Am I missing sometype of large shootout between these speakers somewhere? They seem like they are in the same class, but I searched and can find relatively little about the Swans.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/groove-pm20.aspx

They are the newest version of klipsch's 2.0 desktop speakers. released in 2007. From the things I have read they are an updated/upgraded version of the promedias.

I bought them to replace my speakers at work since my crappy dell speakers were going out. They sound AMAZING. You would not believe the amount of bass these little things put out. I have my EQing turned off in winamp and I still had to turn the manual bass adjustment down all the way so I wouldn't bother my co-workers. I was able to buy them from my local best buy.

Highly recommended.

Am I missing sometype of large shootout between these speakers somewhere? They seem like they are in the same class, but I searched and can find relatively little about the Swans.

They were just released within the past month, and are only available on the audio insider. This guy is the largest swan distributor in america.

They are no doubt going to be good speakers, swan doesnt do non-audiophile sound.

Back