Best True Double Slot GPU

aliaskary77

Limp Gawd
I have a 1080Ti in a SFF case. Thinking about upgrading GPU, but am constrained by needing a true double slot card. So many filters for 2 slot still allow the cards that have the fans stick out another half slot. This will not work in my Fractal Design Node 304.
I am not upgrading the rest of the PC at this time, but could consider a case upgrade, though would rather not.
Any models I am missing? Max I can find is maybe a 4070 but that may not be much of an upgrade from what I can find.

I have a 1080Ti in a SFF case. Thinking about upgrading GPU, but am constrained by needing a true double slot card. So many filters for 2 slot still allow the cards that have the fans stick out another half slot. This will not work in my Fractal Design Node 304.
I am not upgrading the rest of the PC at this time, but could consider a case upgrade, though would rather not.
Any models I am missing? Max I can find is maybe a 4070 but that may not be much of an upgrade from what I can find.
A reference 7900XTX should fit in that case and have very little room to spare. Specs say that you have 12.20 Inches Long + 6.5" for Cooler, the 7900XTX Reference models are 11.3 Inches Long and 4.7 Inch Cooler. 1080Ti (reference) is a bit smaller and slimmer AFAIK (Technically the shroud on the cooler is 2.1 Inches Wide, it might be insanely close or actually fit...)

1701883788003.png

I wonder if anything modern will fit in that case though. You have a smaller Power Supply?

Because this looks rough
1701883930908.png

Last edited:
Oh wow that doesnt look good. The seasonic PSU thankfully has connecters that sit low and under the gpu (between the base and gpu bottom. My 1080Ti doesnt get pushed out.
What is really tight though is the space between the cooler and case sidevent. Will see if I can get a pic tomorrow.

Another Maybe:
https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-4070-ti-rtx-4070-ti-ventus-2x-12g-oc/p/N82E16814137840

Otherwise, a card like that, or the AMD reference card posted above, could be deshrouded. And then you zip tie 15mm thick Noctua 92mm fans to it. Voiding your warranty with most brands, except XFX. But all of their cards are insanely long. **Actually, XFX does have a reference version of the 7900 XT and XTX. But, they are rare and usually overpriced.

Also, don't overlook the 4070. IMO, they are great cards. and a better value than the 4070 ti. Here is a true 2 slot design:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/pny-geforce-rtx-4070-xlr8/3.html

Last edited:
I have a 2080ti that is pure 2 slots. But it is loud when in gaming.

Back