BestBuy M6805 Exchange - Good stores VS Bad

Brentwood, Saint Louis: No problem at all. Swap successful, and helpful/courteious service people.

that sucks, if anyone at gainesville can't get a exchange let me know i work there..

Swapped mine at Chesterfield, St. Louis. No problems at all. Very helpfull and friendly.

I have to exchange my 6811 again for a problem with the touchpad. It's not tracking as it should. It occasionally drops the pointer and I have to press my finger fairly hard to get it to recognize it. It's just not acting like it should, so I'm exchanging it. The problem I'm running into is that only two stores in St. Louis have any 6811s. I asked if they were getting more and they told me that they weren't. They told me that they were last year's model and the next thing they get should be the newer models, but he doesn't know when that will be. Anyone else know about this?

Rockaway, NJ - NO! - acknowledged the internal memo... refused to do it because it was 9months old!

scatpack said:
Rockaway, NJ - NO! - acknowledged the internal memo... refused to do it because it was 9months old!

Hmm one of my friends did it last month and he said he got his in january which would put it at about 9 months old. I'd just go to a different Best Buy. I have had my new 6811 upgraded from 6809 for less than a month and the hinge has already cracked again. So I don't know whether or not to wait for the new models to come out to exchange or not.

jstevens44 said:
They told me that they were last year's model and the next thing they get should be the newer models, but he doesn't know when that will be. Anyone else know about this?

Yes i think in the other post I said it two different times but here it is again I contacted emachines and they said that they release new models every quarter and that the new ones should be released in October.

I just hope they get them out soon and the BB by me sells out of all the 6811s so i can get an upgrade because I have a cracked hinge and the ATI chip if fried the games will not display correctly just broken lines every where :mad:

I just exchanged mine and got a new M6811. I'm hopeing something goes wrong with it after the new ones come out. Perhaps I may have to "find" something wrong with it to exchange it. I have the service warrenty and each time I've brought it in they've been really good about swapping it out. They seem to swap based solely on price, so hopefully I can swap mine out and get a newer model. Hopefully. If we're really lucky they'll have 128mb of video memory.

Broomfield CO -> wouldn't even look up the memo. No swap. Gonna try the denver store.

find out when the shift change is and then if the first person dose not do it for you go back and retry when the new shift is in

I got a M6811 for my M6809 and I still had one of the bad cases in the affected range, and the left hinge is already cracked so I'm hoping to wait it out untill they come out with a new model. Anyone have an idea of when that might be?

PM me if you need any help getting it exchanged at the Daytona Beach best Buy, I can get it done...I work there unfortunatly.

I just posted the memo at the Emachines Facts thread on this forum.

Good luck.. It didnt work for me. Maybe Ill ship it to Daytona Beach ;-)

Little Falls/Paterson NJ - BAD - Won't swap, send you to Emachines.

Washington DC is a go, oh btw did I metinon that I am the tech senior at that store and management knows about this cracked hinge issue as long as you have the psp.

AthlonXP said:
Washington DC is a go, oh btw did I metinon that I am the tech senior at that store and management knows about this cracked hinge issue as long as you have the psp.

Whether or not you have the PSP shouldn't make any difference, this was a recall by emachines that Best Buy picked up on.

BBY at Tuttle Mall in Columbus is good. Be prepared to plead your case, but in the end you should come out.

BTW according to internal BB stuff, the new models will hit best buy's system on the 24th, but I have no idea of the specs

Back