BF 4 Tips ?

Syntaxx

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm new to BF.. Its words different than most shooters and COD which im use to. I struggle sometimes to even get kills in BF. I do enjoy it, I've been playing Rush mostly. I'll sometimes have a good game and others terrible but I can see a lot of it is the entire team dependent if my team is horrible i cant get anything going if its good thing start to fall into place. Anyhoo, I'd take any tips to try to improve my skill, get some more kills and more out of the experience. I'm playing mostly assault. If anyone wants to squad up and play add me on Xbox One - xTweakerX

Teamwork and flanking will be your best bet. Going lonewolf will usually get you killed but thier are some situations where you can accomplish alot by yourself.

This ain't a twitch shooter. Targets need to be led at distance, bullets drop, and burst fire is the key to hitting your target. Play tactically, stick to cover, etc.

Always squad up! I don't care if you get stuck with a bunch of imbeciles. You get bonus XP for helping your team mates plus the are moving spawn points. Even if you chose to ignore them at least having a spawn outside of your base (maybe even right into an enemy base) is better than having to foot it all across the map.

Learn to mark enemies. Marking them pretty much makes it so everyone on your team can see them on the map or with the handy red arrow floating over their heads. Especially if your not planning on taking them on yourself. Gives your team a heads up and hopefully you have some good snipers. Also the bonus XP you get from a enemy getting killed after you marked him helps a bit.

Expect to die a lot right now. BF has a learning curve but stick with it and you'll get it.

I play quite a bit of BF4 right now. Ill add you to my friends list. Mine is Fordx4.

Unlock the L85A2. Seems to be great assault rifle for the assault class.

thanks guys, i recently unlocked the M1416 assault , i like it the best so far. What do you mean burst fire? The single shot setting or multiple shot setting?

thanks guys, i recently unlocked the M1416 assault , i like it the best so far. What do you mean burst fire? The single shot setting or multiple shot setting?
He means don't have a heavy trigger finger. You only want to do sustained full auto, at close range, usually on groups.

Most of the time, you should be pumping off smaller, controlled bursts. That said, some guns do better than others, with longer bursts. and some of the attachments, such as bipods, make medium range full auto pretty useful.

The thing to do early on is just be cautious and support your team. Play with the kits, play with new stuff as you unlock it, to learn how to use it. Try to use a kit that rounds out your squad or is something you think is relevant to what is currently happening around you. Then once you get comfortable with the scale of battle/size of the maps and can "feel" what's happening, you can start to be more aggressive and a little more personal with kit choice. Don't avoid recon, they have some really valuable tools at their disposal. You don't have to use a sniper rifle. But also, don't be a statue. move around and help your team.

As you get more unlocks, the kits overlap in some areas. So your options will open up. Especially your soloing options. Which in my opinion, is a big flaw. But it is what it is.

if you have health or ammo packs, look out for people that need it. Even if someone doesn't need it, you should always have one at your feet, if you stop for a bit. I know the assault class has what are said to be the "best" guns in the game and that sounds cool for killing. But you also have a duty to heal and revive. I cannot count the amount of assault players that blatantly ignore that part of the kit, how many times I have died next to an assault guy after I just held down a flag, because he's ignoring his healing duties and leaving me hanging with minimal health for the next wave to easily capitalize on.

i took everyones tips and last night i had a great time. i was getting a lot of points was in the top 5 every match on my team, we were winning and i had a blast. i was gettin some kills too. most of the time i was 50/50 like 8k / 8 d .. but much improved. :)

i really love this game its my first BF4 adventure, im getting better and enjoying it more im kinda sad im missed the boat on this sooner and i didnt get it when i first got xbox one, i waited until like dec. Is it worth getting the prem membership and/or DLC?

Same spot here. Just starting out and trying to get into the groove. I threw on my headsets for some rounds thinking maybe there would be a small team trying to lead the round, but only heard a heavy breather and some tv noise.

Some good tips here, I didn't know about marking the enemy. On assault, been dropping health packs and when engineer I try to follow a tank around and repair as needed. Will that work in reverse on enemy tanks? Can I take my torch and do damage right up against it?

that VIDEO is LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

feel free for anyone to add me on xbox one xtweakerx

i played with a guy on here some.. ive been trying to use my headset sometimes but i ussually seam to talk to myself noone responds much or listens lol.

I know you can hurt the enemy with the torch and kill people with it, not super easy or worth it.. prob better use rocket launcher on a tank :)

Same spot here. Just starting out and trying to get into the groove. I threw on my headsets for some rounds thinking maybe there would be a small team trying to lead the round, but only heard a heavy breather and some tv noise.

Some good tips here, I didn't know about marking the enemy. On assault, been dropping health packs and when engineer I try to follow a tank around and repair as needed. Will that work in reverse on enemy tanks? Can I take my torch and do damage right up against it?

I seriously don't get it.. Why the heck don't people use the FREGGIN headset they're given?! It makes the game so much better! Communication is important!

As for the repair torch, yes, you can 'dis-repair' a enemy tank, but you should be prepared to die.. Either way - as in, it really only works in tight quarters when the tank can't find you/maneuver enough to run you over. Or, when the tank is about to die, you can finish him off with it, which will result in the tanks' exploding, thus, killing you anyway.. So, yeah, it's interesting to use, but don't rely on or plan it.. I find that the most points in this game come from adapting to the situation. Don't ever set out to do one thing, just let the flow of the round come to you.. I.e - tons of guys sniping? Jump in a tank and blow them up, or result to the same sniping yourself...

I seriously don't get it.. Why the heck don't people use the FREGGIN headset they're given?! It makes the game so much better! Communication is important!

As for the repair torch, yes, you can 'dis-repair' a enemy tank, but you should be prepared to die.. Either way - as in, it really only works in tight quarters when the tank can't find you/maneuver enough to run you over. Or, when the tank is about to die, you can finish him off with it, which will result in the tanks' exploding, thus, killing you anyway.. So, yeah, it's interesting to use, but don't rely on or plan it.. I find that the most points in this game come from adapting to the situation. Don't ever set out to do one thing, just let the flow of the round come to you.. I.e - tons of guys sniping? Jump in a tank and blow them up, or result to the same sniping yourself...
I can answer that question easily. I get tired of people singing, screaming, and cursing shit into my ears. Nor do i want to hear them playing music and shit while im gaming. Since they have the kinect on automatically, i hear everything in their room, which i dont want to hear all the time. Especially all that going through my speakers.
Im quick to turn on party chat just because of that. Or just turn off voip.

To the Op, stick to walls, dont take the direct route to an objective. And when you get a kill, dont stay still, move. When you let off a shot, move because you must remember that unless you have a silencer, your location is on the map now for a few seconds.
This game is based off of teamwork.
Find a class youre comfortable with and master it, master a few guns, then move to another class when you get bored. Playing online, find some buddies so you can have someone to play with and communicate with while gaming. This makes it a lot easier and more fun. Every now and then i find a few cool people i add to my friends list because they were not assholes and play the game the way it was meant to be played. And as everyone has said, roll with a squad. If your squad is being noobs, then roll with a bunch of blues,you will most likley dominate your location.

And most importantly, always keep an eye on your mini map. That was my hardest adjustment.

Back