BF Bad Company 2 now up on steam W/ Beta access

[F2C]MaDMaXX;1035251572 said:
A lot of people just do not understand what a beta is or what to expect. Particularly those who have played a beta before and not really had any issues with it.

This is same old for me (showing off ;) ) I just hope DICE could make a feedback mech like Valve use, would make for much more efficient bug reporting for them.

I can't believe that some people still don't realize that fixes coming from feedback in a beta will not turn a shitty game into a good one.

The game was fine on PS3. As mentioned before, DICE just messed something up on the network side of things. Should be a lot better in the coming days.

here is picture album

http://img204.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=bfbc2game20100128183339t.jpg

bfbc2game20100128193550.jpg

I ran all high with AAx2, AFx1, HBAO ON. I felt the frame rate was dipping down pretty low when a lot of smoke and snow was splashing up. So I set everything to medium, AAx4, AFx1, and HBAO to OFF. Getting better frame rate, but with my card I wish it would perform better.

Specs in sig.

[F2C]MaDMaXX;1035251572 said:
A lot of people just do not understand what a beta is or what to expect. Particularly those who have played a beta before and not really had any issues with it.

This is same old for me (showing off ;) ) I just hope DICE could make a feedback mech like Valve use, would make for much more efficient bug reporting for them.
I can't believe that some people still don't realize that fixes coming from feedback in a beta will not turn a shitty game into a good one.

I can't believe that some people still don't realize that good and bad are subjective.

FWIW, IMHO, TYP(Take your pick):cool:,

This game rocks. The lag, server issues, and general 'beta-ness' does not..

i played max settings with hbao on, and i was getting 30-50fps, usually staying above 40. It felt playable the whole time. Turning of HBAO kept the frame rate more like 60-80, extremely smooth. I wasn't paying close attention to the shadows and stuff before and after, there was no noticeable difference in the looks. I'll probably play with it more since it's actually still playable with hbao turned on.

can anyone tell me how i can set my mouse speed quicker? the maximum in the games setup is not fast enough for me.

Wow, great time playing when I could... one map, one game style... WOW! what a release! I was sooo excited when all day today the server browser kept dumping me to the desktop and when adding friends didnt update for... well, still hasn't. Oh, and getting dumped to the desktop when in a tank is cool too.

10/10 man!!!

Wow, great time playing when I could... one map, one game style... WOW! what a release! I was sooo excited when all day today the server browser kept dumping me to the desktop and when adding friends didnt update for... well, still hasn't. Oh, and getting dumped to the desktop when in a tank is cool too.

10/10 man!!!

Maybe you should upgrade.

I just played for about 3 hours and I honestly cannot wait for the full release. If you play on a decent server and take 20 seconds to troubleshoot/problem solve the server browser crash issue, today's beta release is an awesome taste of what's to come. If you liked BF2 and don't mind the drop from 64 to 32 but are willing to trade that for not being planewhored every 5 seconds then this game is for you.

March can't come soon enough. :D:D:D

Back